Study of Side Reactions in the Ozonolysis of Organic Compounds in a Barbotage Reactor
The kinetics of the ozonolysis of unsaturated hydrocarbons in a flow-type barbotage reactor with the use of tetrachloromethane as the solvent is investigated. It is found that a side reaction of ozone with the solvent which has the first order with respect to ozone proceeds in the system. It follows from the comparison of the theoretical and experimental data that this reaction does not affect the measurement of the amount of ozone consumed for the ozonolysis of the specimen per se. It is concluded that the side reaction proceeds at a stage preceding the interaction of ozone with unsaturated hydrocarbons in the liquid phase of the reactor.
Keywords:ozonolysis barbotage reactor
This work was financially supported by the Program of Basic Research no. 46.15 of the Semenov Institute of Chemical Physics, Russian Academy of Sciences. The project number at the Federal Agency for Scientific Organizations is 0082-2014-0005. The state registration number at the Center for Information Technology and Executive Branches is AAAA-A17-117091220076-4.
- 1.E. M. Brazhnikov, V. I. Gerbich, D. M. Lisitsyn, et al., US Patent No. 3958942 (1976).Google Scholar
- 3.A. Yu. Arkhipov, T. V. Grinevich, E. V. Kiseleva, T. I. Poznyak, and Kh. A. Garsia, RF Patent No. 2273004, Byull. Izobret., No. 9 (2006), p. 35.Google Scholar
- 4.S. D. Razumovskii and G. E. Zaikov, Ozone and Its Reactions with Organic Compounds (Nauka, Moscow, 1974), p. 60 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 5.T. I. Poznyak, Cand. Sci. (Chem.) Dissertation (Inst. Chem. Phys. RAS, Moscow, 1980).Google Scholar
- 6.A. A. Grinberg, S. A. Leont’eva, D. M. Lisitsyn, T. I. Poznyak, and F. S. D’yachkovskii, Zh. Anal. Khim. 35, 2042 (1980).Google Scholar