Thermoplastic Aluminoborophosphate-Aniline Polycomplexes
- 1 Downloads
Products are obtained from interaction between oligomeric aluminoborophosphate (ABP) and aniline, both complexes based on hydrogen bonds, as confirmed with IR spectroscopy and quantum chemical calculations. Nitrogen and hydrogen atoms of an amino group in aniline form hydrogen bonds with hydrogen and oxygen atoms of a phosphate group in ABP, respectively, with a total energy of 14.2 kcal/mol. Aniline, when added to ABP surrounded with a shell of water molecules, displaces two water molecules from the surface of the chain. The energy gain is 9.1 kcal/mol. IR spectroscopy data show that there are strong donor-acceptor interactions between water molecules and aluminum and phosphorus atoms of ABP in the solid-state polycomplex sample. The thermoplastic oligomeric complexes leads to an increase in the softening temperature and fluidity with an increase in an amount of aniline. This means that polyoxide inorganic polymer (metal phosphate) is possible to be modified with a monofunctional amine under “mild” conditions. We showed that the water resistance of the polycomplex is greater than that of ABP.
Keywordspolycomplexes inorganic polyoxides aluminoborophosphate aniline water resistance
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. L. Golynko-Vol’fson, M. M. Sychev, L. G. Sudakas, and L. I. Skoblo, Chemical Principles of Technology and Applications of Phosphate Ligaments and Coatings (Khimiya, Leningrad, 1968) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 2.V. A. Kopeikin, A. P. Petrova, and I. L. Rashkovan, Materials Based on Metal Phosphates (Khimiya, Moscow, 1976) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 3.V. A. Kopeikin, B. C. Klement’eva, and B. L. Krasnyi, Refractory Solutions Based on Phosphate Binders (Metallurgiya, Moscow, 1986) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 4.RF Patent No. 2422489, Byull. Izobret., No. 18 (2011).Google Scholar
- 5.S. V. Afanas’ev, V. N. Makhlai, M. P. Mikhailin, and R. V. Korotkov, RF Patent No. 2277046, Byull. Izobret., No. 15 (2006).Google Scholar
- 6.V. N. Makhlai, S. V. Afanas’ev, O. S. Roshchenko, and I. V. Kuz’min, RF Patent No. 2354489, Byull. Izobret., No. 13 (2009).Google Scholar
- 7.M. M. Sychev, Inorganic Adhesives (Khimiya, Leningrad, 1986) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 8.S. V. Afanas’ev, and I. V. Kuz’min, Bashk. Khim. Zh. 119 (5), 46 (2012).Google Scholar
- 20.W. A. P. Luck, A Comprehensive Treatise (Plenum, New York, 1973), Chap. 4, p. 320.Google Scholar