A Local Search Algorithm for the Single Machine Scheduling Problem with Setups and a Storage
- 4 Downloads
We present a new mathematical model for a single machine scheduling problem originated from the tile industry. The model takes into account the sequence-dependent setup times, the minimal batch size, heterogeneous orders of customers, and a stock in storage. As the objective function we use the penalty for tardiness of the customers’ orders and the total storage cost for final products. A mixed-integer linear programming model is applied for small test instances. For real-world applications, we design a randomized tabu search algorithm. The computational results for some test instances from a Novorossiysk company are discussed.
Keywordstabu search scheduling due date tardiness setup time
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. R. Jackson, “Scheduling a Production Line to Minimize Maximum Tardiness,” Research Report No. 43 (Univ. Calif., Los Angeles, 1955).Google Scholar
- 5.B. Chen, C. N. Potts, and G. J. Woeginger, “A Review of Machine Scheduling: Complexity, Algorithms, and Approximability,” in Handbook of Combinatorial Optimization, Vol. 3 (Kluwer Acad. Publ., Dordrecht, 1998), pp. 21–169.Google Scholar
- 14.Yu. A. Kochetov, A. A. Panin, and A. V. Plyasunov, “Genetic Local Search and Hardness of Approximation for the Server Load Balancing Problem,” Avtom. Telemekh. No. 3, 51–62 (2017) [Autom. Remote Control 78 (3), 425–434 (2017)].Google Scholar
- 16.S. M. Lavlinskii, A. A. Panin, and A. V. Plyasunov, “A Bilevel Planning Model for Public-Private Partnership,” Avtom. Telemekh. No. 11, 89–103 (2015) [Autom. Remote Control 76 (11), 1976–1987 (2015)].Google Scholar
- 17.A. A. Panin, M. G. Pashchenko, and A. V. Plyasunov, “Bilevel Competitive Facility Location and Pricing Problems,” Avtom. Telemekh. No. 4, 153–169 (2014) [Autom. Remote Control 75 (4), 715–727 (2014)].Google Scholar
- 20.I. A. Davydov, A. A. Melnikov, and P. A. Kononova, “Local Search for Load Balancing Problems for Servers with Large Dimension,” Avtom. Telemekh. No. 3, 34–50 (2017) [Autom. Remote Control 78 (3), 412–424 (2017)].Google Scholar
- 21.E. H. L. Aarts, J. H. M. Korst, and P. J. M. van Laarhoven, “Simulated Annealing,” in Local Search in Combinatorial Optimization (Wiley, Chichester, 1997), pp. 91–120.Google Scholar
- 23.Yu. A. Kochetov, “Facility Location: Discrete Models and Local Search Methods,” in Combinatorial Optimization: Methods and Applications (IOS Press, Amsterdam, 2011), pp. 97–134.Google Scholar