On the Conditions for Existence of Unidirectional Motions of Binary Mixtures in the Oberbeck—Boussinesq Model
- 1 Downloads
Compatibility conditions are obtained for the nonstationary Oberbeck—Boussinesq equations describing the unidirectional motions of a liquid binary mixture in a horizontal strip. We examine the case of polynomial dependence of temperature on the longitudinal coordinate is considered, and the influence of the dependence of the kind on the remaining unknown functions from the original system. It is shown that a nonstationary unidirectional motion between two solid walls can be described by the Oberbeck—Boussinesq model only for the quadratic or linear law of temperature distribution along the horizontal coordinate. Some initial-boundary value problems are posed.
KeywordsOberbeck—Boussinesq equations binary mixture unidirectional motion compatibility conditions
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. Z. Gershuni, E. M. Zhukhovetskii, and A.A. Nepomnyashchii, Stability of Convective Flows (Nauka, Moscow, 1989) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 2.V. K. Andreev, A Birikh Solution to the Convection Equations and Some Generalization of It, Preprint No. 1–10 (Inst. Vychisl. Mat. Model. Sibir. Otdel. Ross. Akad. Nauk, Krasnoyarsk, 2010).Google Scholar
- 3.V. K. Andreev, Yu. A. Gaponenko, O. N. Goncharova, and V. V. Pukhnachov, Mathematical Models of Convection (Fizmatlit, Moscow, 2008; Walter de Gruyter, Berlin, 2012).Google Scholar
- 4.I. I. Ryzhkov, Thermodiffusion in Mixtures: Equations, Symmetry, Solutions, and Stability (Izd. Sibir. Otdel. Ross. Akad. Nauk, Novosibirsk, 2013) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 9.V. K. Andreev and I. V. Stepanova, “Unidirectional Flow of Binary Mixtures in the Oberbeck—Boussinesq Model,” Izv. Ross. Akad. Nauk. Mekh. Zhidk. Gaza No. 2, 13–24 (2016).Google Scholar
- 10.V. V. Pukhnachev, “Nonstationary Analogs of the Birikh Solution,” Izv. Altaisk. Gos. Univ. Mat. Mekh. Nos. 1–2, 62–69 (2011).Google Scholar
- 13.G. A. Ostroumov, Free Convection under Conditions of Inner Problem (Gostekhizdat, Moscow, 1952) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 14.R. V. Birikh, “On Thermocapillary Convection in a Horizontal Fluid Layer,” Prikl. Mekh. Tekhn. Fiz. No. 3, 69–72 (1966).Google Scholar
- 15.O. N. Goncharova, E. V. Rezanova, Yu. V. Lyulin, and O. A. Kabov, “Studying the Convective Flows of a Fluid and Cocurrent Gas Flow with Account for Evaporation,” Teplofiz. Vysokikh Temperatur 55 (6), 720–732 (2017).Google Scholar
- 17.V. B. Bekezhanova, O. N. Goncharova, E. V. Rezanova, and I. A. Shefer, “Stability of Two-Layered Fluid Flows with Evaporation at the Interface,” Izv. Ross. Akad. Nauk. Mekh. Zhidk. Gaza No. 3, 23–35 (2017).Google Scholar