Petrophysical Characteristics of the Intrusive Complexes of Different Age of the Gamow Peninsula (Southwestern Primorye)
- 6 Downloads
The petrophysical data on the granitoids of the Gamow Peninsula are presented and compared with those of the granitoid complexes distributed on the adjacent territory. The physical properties of the Late Permian and Early Jurassic granitoid complexes are considered. Granitoids of different age sharply differ in petrophysical properties. The Late Permian granitoids developed on the Gamow Peninsula have higher density and lower magnetic characteristics relative to the same rocks distributed on the adjacent continental territory. It is established that the petrophysical properties of the Early Jurassic granitoids are similar to those of one phase of the Late Permian granitoids. The simultaneous formation of these complexes is proposed.
Keywords:petrophysics density magnetic susceptibility granitoids Gamow Peninsula Primorye
This work was supported by the Far East Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences (project nos. 13-III-D-07-032 and 14-III-D-07-027, program “Far East”).
We are grateful to R.G. Kulinich for discussion of the manuscript and critical comments. S.B. Titorenko (head of MES of Cape Shults) is thanked for help in the performance of fieldworks, and K. Yu. Kramchanin is thanked for kindly given samples.
- 1.A. A. Vrzhosek and V. G. Sakhno, “Late Permian granitoid magmatism of the eastern activated margin of the Sino-Korean shield,” in Problems of Magmatism and Metamorphism of East Asia (Novosibirsk, 1990), pp. 126–135 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 2.Geological Map of Primorski Krai. 1 : 1 000 000, Ed. by V.A. Bazhanov and Yu.N. Oleinik (Geol.-kartograf. partiya SVPGO, Leningrad, 1986) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 3.Geology of the USSR. Volume 32 . Pimorskii Krai. Part 1. Geological Description, Ed. by I. I. Bersenev (Nedra, Moscow, 1969) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 4.State Geological Map of the USSR. 1 : 200 000. Sikhote-Alin Series. Sheets K-52-XII, K-52-XVIII (Kartfabrika Gosgeoltekhizdat Min. geologii i okhrany nedr SSSR, Leningrad, 1961) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 5.State Geological Map of the Russian Federation. 1 : 200 000. Khanka Series, Sheets K-52-XII (Vladivostok), K-52-XVIII (Zarubino) (Kartfabrika VSEGEI, St. Petersburg, 2004) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 6.S. V. Kovalenko, “Early Jurassic granites of Western Primorye,” in Mesozoic Magmatic and Metamorophic Complexes of Far East. Proceedings of 5th Petrographic Conference (DVIMS, Khabarovsk, 2001), pp. 41–43 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 7.N. N. Kruk, V. V. Golozubov, S. A. Kasatkin, et al., “Granitoids of the Gamov Intrusion (southern Primorye), its peculiarities and indicator and geodynamic role,” Russ. Geol. Geophys. 56 (12), 1685–1700 (2015).Google Scholar
- 8.L. F. Nazarenko and V. A. Bazhanov, Geology of the Primorsky Krai. Part III: Main Features of Tectonics and Evolution History, Preprint (DVNTs AN SSSR, Vladivostok, 1987).Google Scholar
- 9.S. V. Rasskazov, T. A. Yasnygina, E. V. Saranina, M. N. Maslovskaya, N. N. Fefelov, I. S. Brandt, S. B. Brandt, S. V. Kovalenko, Yu. A. Martynov, and V. K. Popov, “Cenozoic magmatism of the Southwestern Primorye: pulsed melting of mantle and crust,” Tikhookean. Geol. 23 (6), 3–31 (2004).Google Scholar
- 10.M. D. Ryazantseva, V. V. Golozubov, V. V. Ratkin, and A. N. Sokarev, “Geodynamic typification of granitoids of Primorye,” Tikhookean. Geol. 17 (5), 11–26 (1998).Google Scholar
- 11.A. N. Sokarev, R. G. Kulinich, and Z. N. Proshkina, Petrophysics of Sea of the Japan Sector of the Continent–Pacific Ocean Transition Zone: Reference Book of Physical Properties of Rocks (Dal’nauka, Vladivostok, 2010) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 12.A. N. Sokarev and R. G. Kulinich, “Paleomagnetism of the Sea of Japan Sector of the Continent–Pacific Ocean transition zone,” in A Reference Book of Paleomagnetic Characteristics of Rocks (Dal’nauka, Vladivostok, 2012) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 13.A. N. Sokarev, T. A. Kharchenko, and M. G. Valitov, Evidence for Registration of Database no. 2017620378 Physical Properties of Rocks of the Far East Sector of the Continent–Pacific Ocean Transition Zone. Recorded in Data Base Catalogue on April 5, 2017 (2017).Google Scholar
- 14.M. V. Sukhin, Methodical Recommendations for Performance of Petrophysical Studies during Geological Mapping Preprint (Khabarovsk, 1980).Google Scholar
- 15.Tectono-Magmatic Systems of Accretionary Crust (Sikhote-Alin),, Ed. by G.B. Levashov (DVO AN SSSR, Vladivostok, 1989) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 16.Physical Properties of Rocks and Mineral Resources (Petrophysics): A Reference Book of Geophysist, Ed. by N.B. Dortman (Nedra, Moscow, 1984) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 17.M. V. Chernyuk, “On the distribution of magnetic susceptibility values in intrusive rocks,” Fiz. Zemli, No. 3, 105–111 (1971).Google Scholar