Identification and Analysis of VTC2 Homologs Encoding the Key Enzyme of L-Ascorbic Acid Biosynthesis in Tomato Species (Solanum Section of Lycopersicon)
- 5 Downloads
The complete nucleotide sequences of 11 wild and cultivated tomato GDP-L-galactose-phosphorylase- 1 homologs (VTC2) were identified and characterized. The overall level of nucleotide variability was 9.19%. Totally 25 out of 54 cDNA SNPs were non-synonymous and resulted in amino acid substitutions. In the group of green-fruited tomato species, more SNPs were detected than in the group of red-fruited species, but the percentage of non-synonymous substitutions in red-fruited tomatoes was significantly higher (66.7% vs. 37.5%). In the translated amino acid sequences, the GDF-L-galactose-hexose-1-phosphate-guanyltransferase domain and the highly conserved HIT-motif were identified and a conserved motif specific for VTC2 of Solanoideae species was detected.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yang, D., Meng, L., Ma, N., Yang, X., and Meng, Q., Plant Physiol. Biochem., 2017, vol. 112, article 218e226.Google Scholar
- 2.Pavet, V., Olmos, E., Kiddle, G., Mowla, S., Kumar, S., Antoniw, J., Alvarez, M.E., and Foyer, C.H., Plant Physiol., 2005, vol. 139, article 1291e1303.Google Scholar
- 3.Garchery, C., Gest, N., Do, P.T., Alhagdow, M., Baldet, P., Menard, G., Rothan, C., Massot, C., Gautier, H., Aarrouf, J., et al., Plant, Cell Environ., 2013, vol. 36, article 159e175.Google Scholar
- 4.Barth, C., De Tullio, M., and Conklin, P.L., J. Exp. Bot., 2006, vol. 57, article 1657e1665.Google Scholar
- 7.Oğuz, T., Cantuğ, B., Bilal, Ö., Duygu, Y.Ö., Dane, R., Nilüfer, T., Anne, F., and Sami, D., Hort. Sci., 2014, vol. 49, pp. 1003–1009.Google Scholar
- 10.Slugina, M.A., Shchennikova, A.V., and Kochieva, E.Z., Plant Mol. Biol. Rep., 2018. https://doi.org/10.10- 07/s11105-018-1071-5.Google Scholar
- 11.100 Tomato Genome Sequencing Consortium, Plant J., 2014, vol. 80, no. 1, pp. 136–148.Google Scholar
- 12.Peralta, I.E., Spooner, D.M., and Knapp, S., Syst. Bot. Monogr., 2008, vol. 84, pp. 1–186.Google Scholar
- 14.Krakowiak, A. and Fryc, I., Postepy Biochem., 2012, vol. 58, no. 3, pp. 302–313.Google Scholar