Oxidative Polymerization of 3,6-Phenylenediamino-2,5-dichlorobenzoquinone
- 1 Downloads
The oxidative polymerization of 3,6-phenylenediamino-2,5-dichlorobenzoquinone is studied for the first time, and the monomer is shown to exhibit a high reactivity in this process. The rate of its polymerization is much higher than that of aniline and 3,6-dianiline-2,5-dichlorobenzoquinone, and the induction period of oxidation is absent. The kinetic features of the oxidative polymerization of 3,6-phenylenediamino-2,5-dichlorobenzoquinone are investigated by measuring variation in the redox potential of the reaction mixture in the course of time. It is found that the kinetic curves of 3,6-phenylenediamino-2,5-dichlorobenzoquinone polymerization do not follow the S-shaped pattern typical of aniline polymerization. The mechanism of polymerization proceeding through a number of successive tautomeric rearrangements is advanced. The structure of the polymers is studied by FTIR and X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy. During the reaction of oxidative polymerization, cyclization processes occur to form phenazine and phenoxazine rings which give rise to a ladder polyconjugated polymer. The effect of reaction conditions, such as the concentration of reagents, their ratio, and the pH of the reaction medium, on the process is investigated.
This work was performed within the framework of the State Task for the Topchiev Institute of Petrochemical Synthesis, Russian Academy of Sciences.
- 6.P. Zarrintaj, Z. Ahmadi, H. Vahabi, F. Ducos, M. R. Saeb, and M. Mozafari, Mater. Today: Proc. 5, 15852 (2018).Google Scholar
- 15.M. Mateos, R. M. Prest, J. M. Suisse, and M. Bouvet, Mater. Today: Proc. 6, 328 (2019).Google Scholar
- 18.Ya. O. Mezhuev, Yu. V. Korshak, M. I. Shtil’man, A. A. Koledenkov, M. S. Ustinova, and I. N. Semenova, Plast. Massy, No. 2, 22 (2011).Google Scholar
- 21.S. Z. Ozkan, G. P. Karpacheva, and I. S. Eremeev, Adv. Nanotechnol. 13, 161 (2015).Google Scholar
- 24.S. Zh. Ozkan, G. P. Karpacheva, and G. N. Bondarenko, Russ. Chem. Bull., Int. Ed. 60, 1651 (2011).Google Scholar
- 29.A. V. Orlov, S. G. Kiseleva, G. P. Karpacheva, G. V. Nikolaeva, L. I. Tkachenko, O. N. Efimov, and V. V. Abalyaeva, RF Patent No. 2016118436 (2017).Google Scholar
- 31.L. I. Tkachenko, G. V. Nikolaeva, A. V. Orlov, S. G. Kiseleva, O. N. Efimov, and G. P. Karpacheva, Russ. J. Appl. Chem. 92, (2019). (in press).Google Scholar
- 45.Sh. Ren, X. Yang, X. Zhao, Y. Zhang, and W. Huang, J. Appl. Polym. Sci. 133, 43368 (2016). Google Scholar