Green Chemistry of Polyurethanes: Synthesis, Functional Composition, and Reactivity of Cyclocarbonate-Containing Sunflower Oil Triglycerides—Renewable Raw Materials for New Urethanes
- 13 Downloads
Epoxy- and cyclocarbonate-containing oligomers are synthesized by oxidizing sunflower oil and subsequent catalytic carbonization via reaction with carbon dioxide. Using mass spectrometry, it is shown that oligomers, which are triglycerides of epoxy- and cyclocarbonate-containing carboxylic acid derivatives, are characterized by a wide distribution over composition, reflecting the entire set of components contained in natural raw materials. It is found that oligomers derived from sunflower oil contain 16 types of triglycerides in various combinations in contrast to 25 types of triglycerides contained in soybean oil-based oligomers. At the same time, the reactivity of both oligomers as the main representatives of renewable plant materials for new urethanes, which is evaluated by studying the n-butylaminolysis model reaction, is approximately the same.
The work was performed within the framework of the state task (Theme V 45.5, 0082-2014-0015, no. AAAA-A17-117032750201-9) and was supported by the Russian Foundation for Basic Research (project 17-03-00146).
- 5.O. Figovsky, L. Shapovalov, A. Leykin, R. Birukova, and R. Potashnikova, PU Mag. 10, 1 (2013).Google Scholar
- 7.O. Figovsky, L. Shapovalov, A. Leykin, R. Birukova, and R. Potashnikova, Int. Lett. Chem., Phys. Astron. 3, 52 (2013).Google Scholar
- 9.R. P. Tiger, Polym. Sci., Ser. B 46, 142 (2004).Google Scholar
- 10.T. F. Garrison and M. R. Kessler, in Bio-Based Plant Oil Polymers and Composites, Ed. by S. A. Madbouly, C. Zhang, and M. R. Kessler (Elsevier, Amsterdam, 2016), p. 37.Google Scholar
- 13.D. Miloslavsky, E. Gotlib, O. Figovsky, and D. Pashin, Int. Lett. Chem., Phys. Astron. 8, 20 (2014).Google Scholar
- 14.F. Gunstone, The Chemistry of Oils and Fats: Sources, Composition, Properties and Uses (Blackwell Publ. Ltd., Oxford, 2004).Google Scholar
- 18.D. G. Miloslavskiy, E. N. Cherezova, R. A. Ahmedya-nova, and A. G. Liakumovich, Butlerov Commun. 29, 72 (2012).Google Scholar
- 26.M. V. Zabalov, M. A. Levina, V. G. Krasheninnikov, and R. P. Tiger, Russ. Chem. Bull., Int. Ed. 63, 1740 (2012).Google Scholar
- 28.M. V. Zabalov, R. P. Tiger, and A. A. Berlin, Russ. Chem. Bull., Int. Ed. 61, 518 (2012).Google Scholar