Cluster Self-Organization of Intermetallic Systems: Cs6 and Cs4 Metal Clusters and Cs11O3 Metal–Oxygen Cluster for the Self-Assembly of the (Cs4)(Cs6)(Cs11O3) Crystal Structure
- 19 Downloads
A geometric and topological analysis of the Cs21O3 metal oxide with the minimal known oxygen content, which is formed from an oxygen-containing melt of metallic Cs, is performed. To identify clusters that are precursors of the crystal structures, special algorithms (ToposPro software package) for decomposing structural graphs into cluster substructures are used. The following precursor clusters involved in the self-assembly of the crystal structures are determined: Cs11O3 three-octahedral clusters; Cs6 octahedral clusters; and Cs4 tetrahedral clusters. The symmetry and topological code of the processes of self-assembly of crystal structures from precursor clusters is reconstructed in the following form: primary chain → microlayer → microframework.
Keywordsself-assembly of crystal structures Cs11O3, Cs6, and Cs4 clusters (Cs4)(Cs6)(Cs11O3) structural type of Cs21O3
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 9.Inorganic Crystal Structure Database (ICSD), Germany: Fachinformationszentrum Karlsruhe, USA: Natl. Inst. Standard Technol., NIST.Google Scholar
- 10.Villars, P. and Cenzual, K., Pearson’s Crystal Data-Crystal Structure Database for Inorganic Compounds (PCDIC), Materials Park, OH: ASM Int.Google Scholar
- 19.Shevchenko, V.Ya., Blatov, V.A., and Ilyushin, G.D., Modeling of self-organization processes in crystalforming systems: Symmetry and topological codes of cluster self-assembly of a 2D layered icosahedral structure of Sc18B238 (Pbam, oP514), Glass Phys. Chem., 2016, vol. 42, no. 3, pp. 221–229.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 21.Ilyushin, G.D., Modelirovanie protsessov samoorganizatsii v kristalloobrazuyushchikh sistemakh (Modeling Self-Organization Processes in Crystal-Forming Systems), Moscow: Editorial URSS, 2003.Google Scholar
- 22.Ilyushin, G.D. and Dem’yanets, L.N., Model of matrix assembly of crystal structures, in Fizika kristallizatsii (Physics of Crystallization), Moscow: Fizmatlit, 2002, p.82.Google Scholar
- 23.Ilyushin, G.D., Theory of cluster self-organization of crystal-forming systems. Geometrical-topological modeling of nanocluster precursors with a hierarchical structure, Struct. Chem., 2012, vol. 20, no. 6, pp. 975–1043.Google Scholar