Sol-Gel Synthesis, Thermal Behavior of Nanopowders and Chemical Stability of La1 – xHoxPO4 Ceramic Matrices
- 8 Downloads
Nanosized powders of orthophosphates in the LaPO4–HoPO4–H2O system have been synthesized to determine the mutual solubility of LaPO4 · nH2O and HoPO4 · nH2O initial components and to obtain ceramic matrices by sintering them. Formation of hexagonal, monoclinic or tetragonal solid solutions was revealed, and their limits and thermal stability were determined. A series of limited hexagonal LaPO4 · nH2O-based solid solutions was observed within the 0 ≤ x ≤ 0.6 concentration range up to 600°C. Further they transformed to monoclinic LaPO4-based form within the 0 ≤ x ≤ 0.3 concentration range. Solubility of LaPO4 · nH2O and LaPO4 in tetragonal HoPO4(· nH2O) is lower (≤10 mol %). Specific surface area of La1–xHoxPO4 · nH2O powders was in the range of 90.5–165.0 m2/g depending on x. Leaching rate of La3+ and Ho3+ from La1–xHoxPO4 matrices in nitric acid solution (pH 1–2) was determined to be 10–5–10–2 g/(cm2 day) for both ions.
Keywordssol-gel La1 – xHoxPO4 · nH2O nanopowders ceramic matrices thermal and chemical stability
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Ugolkov, V.L., Mezentseva, L.P., Osipov, A.V., Popova, V.F., Maslennikova, T.P., Akatov, A.A., and Doil’nitsyn, V.A., Synthesis of nanopowders and physicochemical properties of ceramic matrices of the LaPO4–YPO4–(H2O) and LaPO4–HoPO4–(H2O) systems, Russ. J. Appl. Chem., 2017, vol. 90, no. 1, pp. 28–33.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 5.ICDD-PDF No. 46–1439 (LaPO4 · 0.5H2O); ICDDPDF No.35-731 (LaPO4); ICDD-PDF No. 20–476 (HoPO4 · 3H2O); ICDD-PDF No. 26–746 (HoPO4).Google Scholar
- 7.Mezentseva, L., Osipov, A., Ugolkov, V., Kruchinina, I., Popova, V., Yakovlev, A., and Maslennikova, T., Solid solutions and thermal transformations in the nanosized LaPO4–YPO4–H2O and LaPO4–LuPO4–H2O systems, J. Ceram. Sci. Tech., 2014, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 237–244.Google Scholar
- 9.Anfimova, T., Li, Q., Jensen, J.O., and Bjerrum, N.J., Thermal stability and proton conductivity of rare earth orthophosphate hydrates, Int. J. Electrochem. Sci., 2014, vol. 9, no. 5, pp. 2285–2300.Google Scholar
- 10.Mezentseva, L.P., Kruchinina, I.Yu., Osipov, A.V., Ugolkov, V.L., Popova, V.F., and Lapenok, A.Yu., The influence of the particularities of synthesis on the physicochemical properties of nanosized powders and ceramic samples of REE orthophosphates, Glass Phys. Chem., 2015, vol. 41, no. 6, pp. 668–671.CrossRefGoogle Scholar