Optical Glass Based on the East Sayan Mountain Quartzites
Four types of high-purity quartzites from the Oka–Urik block, stock quartzites of the East Sayan Urengenur block, and granular quartz of the Patom plateau (vein 2821) are investigated. The textural and structural features and mineral and fluid inclusions (FIs) are determined for all types of raw quartz material. Schemes for producing high-purity quartz concentrates are developed for each type. Optical glass samples are produced by the vacuum-compression fusion and their spectral characteristics are measured.
Keywordsquartz quartzites superquartzites quartz glass quartz ceramics mineral inclusions fluid inclusions
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Serykh, N.M. and Frolov, A.A., From the history of the development of the branch line of work for piezo-optical, quartz and stone-colored raw materials, Razved. Okhr. Nedr, 2007, no. 10, pp. 2–9.Google Scholar
- 2.Vorob’ev, E.I., Spiridonov, A.M., Nepomnyashchikh, A.I., and Kuz’min, M.I., Superpure quartzites of the Eastern Sayayn (Burayt Republic, Russia), Dokl. Earth Sci., 2003, vol. 390, no. 4, pp. 497–500.Google Scholar
- 4.Fedorov, A.M., Makrygina, V.A., Nepomnyashchikh, A.I., and Eliseev, I.A., Quartz resource potential of Eastern Siberia for high-purity quartz production, Geogr. Prir. Resur., 2016, pp. 55–59.Google Scholar
- 5.Nepomnyashchikh, A.I., Demina, T.V., Zhaboedov, A.P., Eliseev, I.A., Lesnikov, P.A., Lesnikov, A.K., Paklin, A.S., Romanov, V.S., Sapozhnikov, A.N., Sokol’nikova, Yu.V., Fedorov, A.M., Shalaev, A.A., and Shendrik, R.Yu., Optical silica glass based on super quartzites from the Eastern Sayan mountains, Glass Phys. Chem., 2017, vol. 43, no. 3, pp. 222–226.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 6.Kuz’michev, A.B., Zhuravlev, D.Z., Bibikova, E.V., and Kirnozova, T.I., The Upper Riphean (790 Ma) granitoids in the Tuvan-Mongolian massif: Evidence of the Early Baikal orogeny, Geol. Geofiz., 2000, vol. 41, no. 10, pp. 1379–1383.Google Scholar
- 7.Kuz’michev, A.B., Tektonicheskaya istoriya Tuvino-Mongol’skogo massiva: rannebaikal’skii, pozdnebaikal’skii i rannekaledonskii etapy (Tectonic History of the Tuva–Mongolian Massif: Early Baikalian, Late Baikalian, and Early Caledonian Stages), Moscow: PROBEL-2000, 2004.Google Scholar
- 8.Malyshev, A.G., Features of veins formation in the Patom Highlands, Dokl. Akad. Nauk, 1987, vol. 292, no. 2, pp. 430–432.Google Scholar
- 9.Volkova, M.G. and Nepomnyashchikh, A.I., The results of the microthermometry investigations of fluid inclusions in quartzites from the Bural-Sardyk deposit (Eastern Sayan), Geogr. Prir. Resur., 2016, no. 6, pp. 65–69.Google Scholar
- 10.Borisenko, A.S., Study of salt composition of gas-liquid inclusions in minerals by cryometry method, Geol. Geofiz., 1977, no. 8, pp. 16–27.Google Scholar
- 11.Kreisberg, V.A., Rakcheev, V.P., Serykh, N.M., and Borisov, L.A., Diagnosis of gas-liquid impurities in quartz by mass spectrometric method, Razved. Okhr. Nedr, 2007, no. 10, pp. 12–18.Google Scholar
- 13.GOST (State Standard) No. 15130-86, Quartz optical glass, general technical conditions.Google Scholar