Recognition and Sensing of Guanidine-containing Biomolecules in Aqueous Medium
A dicarboxylate-based fluorescent receptor has been synthesized for the recognition of the guanidinium ion and guanidine-containing biomolecules in aqueous medium to address the issue of biomolecular interaction. The acyclic receptor binds to guests in a 1: 2 mode due to the flexibility of its binding motifs. The host-guest binding behavior was studied by means of UV and fluorescence titration. The binding of the host with the guanidinium ion was found to be stronger than with the other guanidine-containing guests.
Key wordsmolecular recognition host-guest fluorescence sensor α,β-unsaturated carbonyl guanidinium ion
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
Subrata Jana thanks to MPCST, Govt. of Madhya Pradesh, India for financial support. Kishor Kumar Suryavanshi thanks to Indira Gandhi National Tribal University (Central University), Amarkantak, M.P., India for research fellowship.
- 12.(a) Best, M.D., Tobey, S.L., and Anslyn, E.V., Coord. Chem. Rev., 2003, vol. 240, p. 3. (b) Leow, D., and Tan, C.H., Chem. Asian J., 2009, vol. 4, p. 488. (c) Blondeau, P., Segura, M., Prez-Fernndez, R., and de Mendoza, J., Chem. Soc. Rev., 2007, vol. 36, p. 198. (d)Schmuck, C., Coord. Chem. Rev., 2006, vol. 250, p. 3053.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 17.Späth, A., and König, B., Beilstein J. Org. Chem., 2010, vol. 6, no. 32. doi 10.3762/bjoc.6.32; (b) Gersthagen, T., Schmuck, C., and Schrader, T. Supramol. Chem., 2010, vol. 22, p. 853.Google Scholar
- 21.The minimization of energy was carried out by MMX (PC MODEL by Serena Software)Google Scholar
- 22.(a) Connors K.A., Binding Constant: The Measurement of Molecular Complex Stability, New York: John Wiley & Sons, 1987. (b) Benesi, H. and Hildebrand, J.H., J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1949, vol. 71, p. 2703.Google Scholar
- 24.Gel’man, N.E., Terent’eva, E.A., Shanina, T.M., Kipa-renko, L.M., and Rezl, V., Metody kolichestvennogo orga-nicheskogo elementnogo mikroanaliza (The Methods of Quantitative Organic Elemental Microanalysis), Moscow: Khimiya, 1987.Google Scholar