Highly Efficient Microwave-assisted One-Pot Synthesis of Aromatic Nitriles from Aromatic Aldehydes
- 10 Downloads
A highly efficient and environmentally benign protocol is described for the microwave-assisted one-pot synthesis of aromatic nitriles from aromatic aldehydes by the reaction with hydroxylamine hydrochloride in DMSO, which involves the intermediate formation of aldoximes and subsequent dehydration. The developed synthetic methodology can be readily accomplished with various aldehydes containing both electron-donor and electron-acceptor groups, providing excellent yields of the target products in shorter reaction times (1–2 min) compared to previously reported methodologies.
Keywordsmicrowave irradiation aryl nitriles green protocol DMSO
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
The authors express sincere gratitude to Principal, Tuljaram Chaturchand College, Baramati, Head, and P.G. Coordinator Department of Chemistry and ARC T.C. College for facility and financial support. The authors are also grateful to Director, SAFE, Punjab University, Chandigarh, for 1H and 13C NMR analysis. The IR spectrometer was purchased through a DST–FIST grant.
- 2.Bhattacharyya, N.K., Jha, S., Bhutia, T.Y., and Adhikary, G., Int. J. Chem. App., 2012, vol. 4, p. 295.Google Scholar
- 7.Patil, D.D., Wadhava, G.C., and Deshmukh, A.K., Asian J. Chem., vol. 2012, vol. 24, p. 1401.Google Scholar
- 16.Augustine, J.K., Bombrun, A., and Atta, R.N., Synlett, 2011, p. 2223.Google Scholar
- 21.Sarvari, M.H., Synthesis, 2005, p. 787.Google Scholar
- 22.Sosnovsky, G., Krogh J.A., and Umhoefer S.G.A., Synthesis, 1979, p. 722.Google Scholar