High Pressure, Temperature, and Solvent Effects on the Rate of the Diels-Alder Reaction of Furan with N-Phenylmaleimide
- 3 Downloads
The effects of temperature, solvent nature, and high pressure on the rate of the Diels-Alder reaction of furan with N-phenylmaleimide were studied. A weak acceleration of the title reaction in proton-donor media was observed in comparison to other cycloaddition and ene reactions. The volumes of activation and reaction coincided within the experimental error, in keeping with the presumed cyclic transition state.
Keywordshigh hydrostatic pressure Diels-Alder reaction N-phenylmaleimide furan volume of activation volume of reaction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Fringuelli, F. and Taticchi, A., Dienes in the Diels—Alder Reaction, New York: Wiley, 1990.Google Scholar
- 8.Woo, S. and Keay, B., Synthesis, 1996, p. 669.Google Scholar
- 9.Lautens, M., Synlett, 1993, p. 177.Google Scholar
- 13.Riddick, J.A., Bunger, W.B., and Sakano, T.K., Organic Solvents: Physical Properties and Methods of Purification, New York: Wiley, 1986, 4th ed.Google Scholar
- 24.Sauer, J., Wiest, H., and Mielert, A., Ber., 1964, vol. 97, p. 3183.Google Scholar