Synthesis of Polyol Tetrabromophthalate and Its Use as a Component for Preparing Foamed Polyurethanes of Reduced Flammability
- 3 Downloads
A procedure was suggested for preparing brominated polyols of reduced viscosity for the synthesis of foamed polyurethanes of reduced flammability. The flame-retarding action of the synthesized polyol tetrabromophthalate in polyurethane was studied in comparison with that of other widely used flame retardants. Evaluation of the effect exerted on the flammability of the polurethane compound by the polyol tetrabromophthalate synthesized, melamine, and aluminum hydroxide shows that all the samples containing flame retardants are self-extinguishing. The shortest combustion time was observed for the sample containing 6% polyol tetrabromophthalate synthesized. The sample containing as a flame retardant additive solely the synthesized polyole tetrabromophthalate also exhibits the highest performance as a heat-insulating material from the viewpoint of thermal conductivity.
Keywordspolyol tetrabromophthalate polymers of reduced flammability foamed polyurethane flame retardants thermal conductivity coefficient
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
The authors are grateful to Cand. Sci. (Chem.) A.A. Gorbunov (Institute of Technical Chemistry, Ural Branch, Russian Academy of Sciences) for the assistance in the discussion of the results of GCMS and NMR analyses.
- 1.Markov, A.V., Grechishcheva, N.Yu., Meshcheryakov, S.V., Esipov, Yu.L., and Krasnova, O.Yu., Plast. Massy, 2014, nos. 5–6, pp. 56–61.Google Scholar
- 2.Shagidullin, A.R. and Gainulin, A.V., Nauka, Tekh. Obraz., 2015, no. 4 (10), pp. 122–124.Google Scholar
- 3.Dergunov, Yu.I., Suchkov, V.P., and Mol'kov, A.A., Stroit. Mater., 2006, no. 12, pp. 58–59.Google Scholar
- 4.Potapov, K.N. and Kaddo, M.B., Stroitel'nye materialy i izdeliya (Building Materials and Items), Moscow: Vysshaya Shkola, 2001.Google Scholar
- 5.Herrington, R.M., J. Fire Flammability, 1979, vol. 10, pp. 308–325.Google Scholar
- 6.Kitieva, L.I., Sultygova, Z.Kh., Salamov, A.Kh., Uzhakhova, L.Ya., Martazanova, R.M., and Yalkhoroeva, M.A., Vestn. Sovrem. Nauki, 2017, no. 2, pp. 31–35.Google Scholar
- 8.Karlsson, L. and Fajardo, B., Wire J. Int., 2017, vol. 50, no. 2, pp. 70–76.Google Scholar
- 11.Fomin, D.L., Mazina, L.A., and Deberdeev, R.Ya., Pozharovzryvobezopasnost', 2012, vol. 21, no. 12, pp. 32–37.Google Scholar
- 12.Patent US 7045564 B2, Publ. 2006.Google Scholar
- 13.Gorobets, A.N., Kryuchkov, A.A., Ovsienko, V.L., Stepanova, T.A., and Shuvalov, M.Yu., Kabeli Provoda, 2013, no. 5 (342), pp. 16–18.Google Scholar
- 14.Kodolov, V.I., Goryuchest' i ognestoikost' polimernykh materialov (Flammability and Flame Resistance of Polymer Materials), Moscow: Khimiya, 1976.Google Scholar
- 15.Bulgakov, V.K., Kodolov, V.I., and Lipanov, A.M., Modelirovanie goreniya polimernykh materialov (Simulation of Combustion of Polymer Materials), Moscow: Khimiya, 1990.Google Scholar
- 16.Kopylov, V.V., Novikov, S.N., and Oksent'evich, L.A., Polimernye materialy ponizhennoi goryuchesti (Polymer Materials of Reduced Flammability), Moscow: Khimiya, 1986.Google Scholar