Laboratory Reactor for Visual Examination of Formation/Decomposition of Gas Hydrates in Water-Oil Systems
- 7 Downloads
Design of an installation for studying the formation and decomposition of gas hydrates in water-oil systems via visual examination and video recording under magnifications of up to 50 and some results obtained by using this installation are reported. Information is presented about the growth rates of hydrate films at water-oil interfaces, specific morphological features of hydrate crystals formed in the process and agglomerates of these, and changes in the hydrate formations in the course of time. This method is direct and the most informative way to examine processes occurring in systems of this kind. The results obtained can be used to control the hydrate formation in bores of oil-producing wells and infield pipelines.
Keywordsoptical cell gas hydrates oil crystal growth
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Istomin, V.A. and Kvon, V.G., Preduprezhdenie i likvidatsiya gazovykh gidratov v sistemakh dobychi gaza (Prevention and Elimination of Gas Hydrates in Systems for Gas Extraction), Moscow: Inf.-Reklamn. Tsentr Gazprom, 2004.Google Scholar
- 3.Sloan, E.D., Hydrate Engineering, Henry L. Doherty series, vol. 21, Ben Bloys, J., Ed.,. Texas, Richardson, 2000.Google Scholar
- 4.Sloan, E.D. and Koh, C.A., Clathrate Hydrates of Natural Gases, Boca Rator: CRC Press, 2008, 3rd ed.Google Scholar
- 18.Makogon, Yu.F. and Holsti, J.S., Ross. Khim. Zh., 2003, vol. 47,no. 3, pp. 43–48.Google Scholar
- 21.Muraoka, M. and Yamamoto, Y., Rev. Sci. Instr., 2017, vol. 88,no. 6. Art. 064503.Google Scholar