Burning of Solid Propellant in Gas Generator of an Air-Breathing Engine at Large Content of Metal
- 13 Downloads
The features of burning of solid propellant with a high metal content (over 40%) under conditions of a separately located gas generator of an air-jet engine were investigated. It was shown that solid propellant with a high metal content burns in the mode of dominant heat release in the condensed phase. It was found that metal propellant under conditions of the condensed phase is not a simple heat sink, but plays an active role in burning. The oxidation of the metal under the conditions of the condensed phase maintains the thermal balance of the condensed phase during burning of solid propellant.
Keywordssolid propellant gas generator air-jet engine combustion metal propellant oxidizing agent propellant binder solid residue
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Aleksandrov, V.N., Bytskevich, V.M., Verkholomov, V.K., Gramenitskii, M.D., Dulepov, N.P., Skibin, V.A., Surikov, E.V., Khilkevich, V.Ya., and Yanovskii, L.S., Integral'nye pryamotochnye vozdushno-reaktivnye dvigateli na tverdykh toplivakh. Osnovy teorii i rascheta (Integral Ramjet Engines Based on Solid Propellants. Fundamentals of the Theory and Calculation) Yanovskii, L.Sl, Ed., Moscow: Akademkniga, 2006.Google Scholar
- 2.Tsutsuran, V.I., Vvedenie v tekhnologiyu energo nasyshchennykh materialov (Introduction to Technology of Energy-Saturated Materials), Moscow: Izd. MO RF, 2007.Google Scholar
- 3.US Patent, publ. 1976. Boron-Propellant-Rich Propellant Composition.Google Scholar
- 4.Manelis, G.B., Nazin, G.M., Rubtsov, Yu.I., and Strunin, V.A., Termicheskoe razlozhenie i gorenie vzryvchatykh veshchestv i porokhov (Thermal Decomposition and Combustion of Explosives and Powders), Moscow: Nauka, 1996.Google Scholar
- 5.Shlenskii, O.F., Gorenie i vzryv materialov (Combustion and Explosion of Materials), Moscow: Mashinostroyenie, 2012.Google Scholar
- 6.Reshetnikov, S.M. and Reshetnikov, I.S., Anatomiya goreniya (Anatomy of Burning), Moscow: Neftegazsoftservis, 2014.Google Scholar
- 7.Baikov, A.V., Olesova, N.I., Razmyslov, I.V., Puchkovskii, I.V., Toktaliev, P.D., Shikhovtsev, A.V., and Yanovskii, L.S., Proc. 11th Int. High Energy Materials Conf. Exhibit (HEMCE-2017), Pune, India, 23–25 November 2017, pp. 27–36.Google Scholar
- 8.Bakhman, N.N. and Belyayev, A.F., Gorenie geterogennykh kondensirovannykh sistem (Combustion of Heterogeneous Condensed Systems), Moscow: Nauka, 1967.Google Scholar