Physicomechanical and Tribological Properties of Polymer Composites Filled with Lubricant-Containing Microcapsules
- 5 Downloads
Polymer composite materials based on Fenilon S-2 (FS-2) heat-resistant aromatic polyamide and filled with microcapsules containing a lubricating material were developed and used for tribological purposes. FS-2 acts both as a matrix and as a material of microcapsule shells. The choice of oils suitable for preparing the composite is limited and is determined by the capability of oils to preserve lubricating properties at high temperatures of FS-2 forming, up to 320°С. The tribotechnical and physicomechanical tests of the developed composites containing microcapsules demonstrated significant improvement of the tribological characteristics of the materials relative to the initial polymer. The polymer composites filled with microcapsules form an oriented lubricating film on the friction surfaces; this film is retained under high loads for a long time.
Keywordstribology polymer composite materials encapsulation physicomechanical properties transfer film
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Kolesnikov, V.I., Ivanochkin, P.G., Myasnikova, N.A., Danilchenko, S.A., and Myasnikov, F.V., in Proc. 2016 Int. Conf. on Physics and Mechanics of New Materials and Their Applications, New York: Nova Science, 2017, pp. 121–131.Google Scholar
- 5.Functional Coatings: by Polymer Microencapsulation, Ghosh., S.K., Ed., Weinheim, 2006.Google Scholar
- 6.Jyothi, S.S., Seethadevi, A., Prabha, K.S., Muthuprasanna, P., and Pavitra, P., Int. J. Pharma BioSci., 2012, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 509–531.Google Scholar
- 9.Derlugyan, P.D., Shcherbakov, I.N., Ivanov, V.V., Loginov, V.T., Trofimov, G.E., and Derlugyan, F.P., Khimicheskoe nanokonstruirovanie kompozitsionnykh materialov i pokrytii s antifriktsionnymi svoistvami: Monografiya (Chemical Nanoconstruction of Composite Materials and Coatings with Antifriction Properties: Monograph), Rostov-on-Don: Yuzhnoross. Gos. Tekh. Univ., 2011.Google Scholar
- 11.Bardushkin, V.V., Sorokin, A.I., and Sychev, A.P., Tren. Smazka Mash. Mekh., 2015, no. 10, pp. 43–47.Google Scholar