Dehydration of Ethanol to Ethylene on Ring- and Trilobe-Shaped Catalysts
- 19 Downloads
The indicators of ethanol to ethylene catalytic dehydration process on trilobe- and ring-shaped samples of an alumina catalyst were compared at the fixed parameters: thermal agent temperature and catalyst load. Experiments were performed in a flow-through reactor of a laboratory setup and in a tubular reactor of a pilot installation. The use of the less active ring-shaped catalyst ensures higher values of ethanol conversion, ethylene yield, and catalyst performance and significantly lower hydraulic resistance, compared to the more active trilobe-shaped catalyst. This is caused by lower intensity of the heat absorption on the less active catalyst and, correspondingly, to the higher temperature in the ring bed due to higher bed porosity.
Keywordstubular reactor dehydration of ethanol to ethylene alumina catalyst ring-shaped catalyst hydraulic resistance the catalyst productivity index of the specific ethanol consumption weight hourly space velocity of ethanol bed porosity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Green Chemistry: An Inclusive Approach, Török, B. and Dranfield, T., Eds., Elsevier, 2017. 1058 р.Google Scholar
- 3.Zemnukhova, L.A., Skiba, E.A., Budaeva, V.V., Panasenko, A.E., and Polyakova, N.V., Russ. J. Appl. Chem., 2018. vol. 91, no. 2, pp. 230–234.Google Scholar
- 8.Morschbaker, A., J. Macromol. Sci., 2009, vol. 49, no. 2, pp. 79–84.Google Scholar
- 13.RF Patent 2609263, Publ. 2017.Google Scholar
- 14.Danilevich, V.V., Lakhmostov, V.S., Zakharov, V.P., Tanashev, Y.Y., Sokolov, D.N., Isupova, L.A., and Parmon, V.N., Catal. Ind., 2016, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 13–28.Google Scholar
- 15.Patent CN 101940919, Publ. 2011.Google Scholar
- 16.Ovchinnikova, E.V., Banzaraktsaeva, S.P., Kalugina, E.A., and Chumachenko, V.A., Katal. Prom–sti., 2018, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 76–84.Google Scholar