Structure and Properties of Nanocomposites Prepared via the Environmental Crazing of Poly(ethylene terephthalate) in Solutions of Polyelectrolyte Complexes
- 4 Downloads
Deformation of amorphous poly(ethylene terephthalate) (PET) in solutions of polyelectrolyte complexes (PEC) of poly(ethylene glycol) with alkali metal salts (potassium thiocyanate or sodium perchlorate) has occurred via the crazing mechanism and has resulted in the formation of a porous structure being filled with PEC during the drawing. The content of PEC in the nanocomposite has increased with the increase in the draw ratio (up to 55%). The hybrid nanocomposites obtained via the crazing have exhibited anisotropy of surface electroconductivity which has been determined by the structural features of the deformed polymer matrix.
Keywordsnanocomposites crazing polyelectrolyte complexes poly(ethylene oxide) poly(ethylene terephthalate)
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
This study was financially supported by the Russian Science Foundation (project no. 17-13-01017).
Conflict of Interest
No conflict of interest was declared by the authors.
- 2.Volynskii, A.L. and Bakeev, N.F., Solvent Crazing of Polymers, Amsterdam: Elsevier, 1995.Google Scholar
- 4.Yarysheva, L.M., Volynskii, A.L., and Bakeev, N.F., Vysokomol. Soed. Ser. B., 1993, vol. 35, no. 7, p. 913.Google Scholar
- 5.Volynskii, A.L., Yarysheva, L.M., and Bakeev, N.F., Nanotechnol. in Russia, 2007, vol. 2, nos. 3–4, p. 58.Google Scholar
- 7.Volynskii, A.L., Yarysheva, L.M., and Bakeev, N.F., Nanotechnol. in Russia, 2007, vol. 2, nos. 5–6, p. 44.Google Scholar
- 14.Zhukovsky, V.M., Bushkova, O.V., Lirova, B.I., Tyutyunnik, I.E., and Animitsa, I.E., Ross. Khim. Zh., 2001, vol. 45, no. 4, p. 35.Google Scholar
- 23.Yarysheva, L.M., Saifullina, S.A., Rozova, E.A., Sizov, A.I., Bulychev, B.M., Volynskii, A.L., and Bakeev, N.F., Vysokomol. Soed., Ser. A, 1994, vol. 36, no. 2, p. 363.Google Scholar
- 24.Saifullina, S.A., Yarysheva, L.M., Volynskii, A.L., and Bakeev, N.F., Vysokomol. Soed. Ser. A, 1997, vol. 39, no. 3, p. 456.Google Scholar
- 25.Saifullina, S.A., Yarysheva, L.M., Volkov, A.V., Volynskii, A.L., and Bakeev, N.F., Vysokomol. Soed. Ser. A, 1996, vol. 38, no. 7, p. 1172.Google Scholar