Synthesis, Spectroscopy, and Anticancer Activity of Two New Nanoscale Au(III) N4 Schiff Base Complexes
- 7 Downloads
Mononuclear Au(III) Schiff base complexes are synthesized by the reaction of 4-aminoantipyrine with hydrazine. The chemical structures of new Schiff bases and their Au(III) complexes are elucidated from their conductance, XRD, and spectroscopic (IR, UV-Vis, 1H, and 13C NMR) data. Au(III) Ion is coordinated with the synthesized Schiff bases via four nitrogen atoms of the antipyrine and azomethine groups. Au(III) Complexes are electrolytes with three uncoordinated Cl− ions, and have a square planar geometry. Their morphology is characterized by SEM and TEM methods. Cytotoxic effect of the complexes is tested against human breast cancer (MCF-7) and hepatocellular carcinoma (HepG-2) cell lines.
KeywordsSchiff base aminoantipyrine gold complexes TEM nanoparticles spectroscopy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
The authors are grateful to the Deanship of Scientific Research, king Saud University for funding through Vice Deanship of Scientific Research Chairs.
- 6.Gangadevi, V. and Muthumary, J., Afr. J. Biotechnol., 2007, vol. 6, p. 1382.Google Scholar
- 8.Abdalrazaq, E.A., Buttrus, N.H., and Abd Al-Rahman, A.A., Asian J. Chem., 2010, vol. 22, p. 2179.Google Scholar
- 10.Cullity, B.D., Elements of X-Ray Diffraction, Addison-Wesley, Reading, MA, 1972, p. 102.Google Scholar
- 12.Zhang, Y., Wei, S., and Chen, S., Int. J. Electrochem. Sci., 2013, vol. 8, p. 6493.Google Scholar
- 13.Shi, W., Casas, J., Venkataramasubramani, M., and Tang, L., Int. Scholar. Res. Network ISRN Nanomater., 2012.Google Scholar