Synthesis, Characterization and Crystal Structures of Oxidovanadium(V) and Dioxidomolybdenum(VI) Complexes Derived from 2-bromo-N'-(2-hydroxy-3-methoxybenzylidene)benzohydrazide with Catalytic Property
- 6 Downloads
A hydrazone compound 2-bromo-N'-(2-hydroxy-3-methoxybenzylidene)benzohydrazide (H2L) was prepared and characterized by IR, UV-Vis and NMR spectra. Based on the hydrazone compound, a new oxidovanadium(V) and a new dioxidomolybdenum(VI) complexes, [VO(L)(OEt)(EtOH)] (I) and [MoO2(L)(OH2)] (II), were prepared and characterized by IR, UV-Vis, NMR spectra, and single crystal X-ray diffraction (CIF files nos. 1866755 (I) and 1866756 (II)). Complex I crystallizes as the monoclinic space group P21/c with unit cell dimensions a = 12.8733(12), b = 13.5088(13), c = 11.9262(11) Å, β = 91.765(2)°, V = 2073.0(3) Å3, Z = 4, R1 = 0.0524, wR2 = 0.1329, GOOF = 1.245. Complex II crystallizes as the monoclinic space group P21/c with unit cell dimensions a = 8.1140(9), b = 16.2975(19), c = 13.4318(15) Å, β = 106.456(2)°, V = 1703.4(3) Å3, Z = 4, R1 = 0.0296, wR2 = 0.0728, GOOF = 1.046. X-ray analysis indicates that the complexes are mononuclear species with the metal atoms in octahedral coordination. The complexes were studied for catalytic oxidation property on some olefins with tert-butyl hydrogen peroxide as oxidant.
Keywords:hydrazone vanadium complex molybdenum complex crystal structure catalytic property
The national high technology research and development program (863 program, 2012AA020304). Guangdong province science and technology plan program (no. 2012145). Guangdong province science and technology plan program (no. 2015110).
- 3.Langeslay, R.R., Kaphan, D.M., Marshall, C.L., et al., Chem. Rev. https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.chemrev.8b00245
- 19.SMART (version 5.625) and SAINT (version 6.01), Madison: Bruker AXS Inc., 2007.Google Scholar
- 20.Sheldrick, G.M., SADABS, Program for Empirical Absorption Correction of Area Detector, Göttingen: Univ. of Göttingen, 1996.Google Scholar
- 21.Sheldrick, G.M., SHELXTL (version 5.1), Software Reference Manual, Madison: Bruker AXS, Inc., 1997.Google Scholar
- 22.Li, L., Lv, K.W., Li, Y.T., et al., Chinese J. Inorg. Chem., 2017, vol. 33, no. 5, p. 905.Google Scholar
- 25.Zhang, X.-T., Zhan, X.-P., Wu, D.-M., et al., Chinese J. Struct. Chem., 2002, vol. 21, no. 8, p. 629.Google Scholar
- 30.Bikas, R., Lippolis, V., Noshiranzadeh, N., et al., Eur. J. Inorg. Chem., 2017, no. 6, p. 999.Google Scholar
- 31.Cui, Y.-M., Qiao, L., Li, Y., et al., Transition Met. Chem., 2017, vol. 42, no. 1, p. 51.Google Scholar