Molecular Complex of Cadmium(II) Trifluoroacetate with Triphenylphosphine: Crystal Structure and Luminescence Properties
- 1 Downloads
Cadmium compound [Cd(CF3COO)2(Ph3P)2] is synthesized, and its crystal structure is determined. The crystals are monoclinic: space group C2/c, a = 20.318(4), b = 10.432(2), c = 18.661(4) Å, β = 104.18(1)°, V = 3834.8(13) Å3, Z = 4, ρcalcd = 1.495 g/cm3. The Cd atom arranged on the 2-fold crystallographic axis has a distorted octahedral coordination due to four oxygen atoms of crystallographically equivalent trifluoroacetate ligands and two phosphorus atoms of triphenylphosphine. Each fluorine atom of the trifluoroacetate groups is randomly disordered over three equally probable positions. The compound is luminescent.
Keywords:cadmium trifluoroacetate triphenylphosphine structure luminescence
This work was supported by the state task of the Kurnakov Institute of General and Inorganic Chemistry (Russian Academy of Sciences) in the area of basic research.
- 6.Cameron, A.F., Forrest, K.P., and Ferguson, G., J. Chem. Soc. A, 1971, p. 1286.Google Scholar
- 13.Sheldrick, G.M., SHELXS-97. Program for the Solution of Crystal Structures, Göttingen: Univ. of Göttingen, 1997.Google Scholar
- 14.Sheldrick, G.M., SHELXS-97. Program for the Refinement of Crystal Structures, Göttingen: Univ. of Göttingen, 1997.Google Scholar
- 16.Li, F.-F., Ma, J.-F., Yang, J., et al., J. Mol. Strct., 2006, vol. 787, p. 106.Google Scholar
- 17.Prida, E., BonoLmetti, E., Rabezzana, R., et al., Inorg. Chem. Commun., 2016, vol. 70, p. 35. Google Scholar