Nanostructured Platinum-Free Catalysts of Oxygen Reduction based on Metal Chalcogenide Cobalt Clusters
- 48 Downloads
Nanostructured catalysts were synthesized by deposition of cobalt selenide and telluride on highly dispersed carbon black from solutions of corresponding metal chalcogenide clusters. The catalysts were characterized by powder X-ray diffraction, energy dispersive X-ray spectroscopy, and scanning electron microscopy. The electroreduction of oxygen at these catalysts is accompanied by consumption of four electrons. The catalysts were shown to be tolerant to methanol.
Keywords:nanoelectrocatalysts cobalt chalcogenides electroreduction
Analytical measurements were done using equipment of the Center for Collective Use of Physical Investigation Methods of the Frumkin Institute of Physical Chemistry and Electrochemistry.
- 3.Susac, D., Zhu, L., Teo, M., et al., J. Phys. Chem., 2007, vol. 111, p. 18715.Google Scholar
- 7.Feng, Y.J., He, T., and Alonso-Vante, N., Fuel Cells, 2010, vol. 10, p. 77.Google Scholar
- 10.Feng, Y.J., Gago, A., Timperman, L., and Alonso-Vante, N., Electrochim. Acta, 2011, vol. 56, p. 1009.Google Scholar
- 14.Grinberg, V.A., Pasynskii, A.A., Kulova, T.L., and Skundin, A.M., Abstracts of Papers, III Ross. konf. po vodorodnoi energetike (III Russ. Conf. on Hydrogen Power Engineering), St. Petersburg, 2006, p. 71.Google Scholar
- 15.Grinberg, V.A., Kulova, T.L., Skundin, A.M., and Pasynskii, A.A., US Patent Application 20070078052, 2007.Google Scholar
- 16.Law, C.G., Grinberg, V.A., Kulova, T.L., et al., US Patent Application 2007007011084, 2007.Google Scholar
- 20.Pasynskii, A.A., Torubaev, Yu.V., Lyakina, A.Yu, et al., Zh. Neorg. Khim., 1998, vol. 43, no. 6, p. 939.Google Scholar