Hepatoprotective Activity of Betulin and Dipterocarpol Derivatives
The regioselective synthesis of betulin 3,28-bis- and 28-monoacylates (nicotinate and isonicotinates) as well as of 3β-hemisuccinyl dipterocarpol was carried out using the dicyclohexylcarbodiimide method. The morphological and biochemical blood tests on a model of CCl4-induced rat hepatitis showed that the activities of the betulin bisacylates 3β,28-bis-О-nicotinate and 3β,28-bis-О-isonicotinate were higher than that of monoacylate 28-О-isonicotinate. 3β-Hydroxydipterocarpol was found to be the most active among triterpenoids of the dammarane type.
Keywords:acylation betulin dammaranes dipterocarpol hepatoprotective activity lupanes triterpenoids
The work was supported by State Task No. АААА-А17-117011910023-2 within the topic “Chemo-, region-, and stereoselective transformations of terpenoids, steroids, and lipids in the directed synthesis of low molecular weight bioregulators” (the synthesis of betulin derivatives); the program “Development and justification of the application of highly effective innovative drug products based on the semisynthetic analogues of crude drugs and treatment and prevention of diseases of contagious and noncontagious etiology” (State Registration in EGISU NIOKTR No. 115032420003); and the Russian Foundation for Basic Research, project 18-53-54005 Viet_a (synthesis of depterocarpol derivatives).
COMPLIANCE WITH ETHICAL STANDARDS
In this work, humans were not involved as subjects of studies.
All international, national and/or institutional principles used for animal keeping and studying have been met.
Conflict of Interest
The authors declare the absence of conflict of interest.
- 6.Tung, N.H., Uto, T., Morinaga, O., Kim, Y.H., and Shoyama, Y., J. Evidence-Based Complementary Altern. Med., 2012. ID 173297.Google Scholar
- 7.Xu, G.-B., Xiao, Y.-H., Zhang, Q.-Y., Zhou, M., and Liao, S.-G., Eur. J. Med. Chem., 2018, vol. 145, pp. 691–716.Google Scholar
- 8.Patel, H., Desai, S., and Krishnamurthy, R., Res. Rev.BioSci., 2015, vol. 10, pp. 323–328.Google Scholar
- 9.Karachurina, L.T., Biochemical mechanisms of hepatoprotective effect of triterpenoids of the lupan group and their pharmacological activity, Extended Abstract, Cand. Sci. (Biol.) Dissertation, Ufa: Inst. Org. Chem., 2004.Google Scholar
- 10.Kazakova, O.B., Lopatina, T.V., Smirnova, I.E., Chudov, I.V., Sharipov, A.R., and Ismagilova, A.F., RF Patent no. RU2538212 C1, 2015.Google Scholar
- 11.Beletskaya, I.P. and Kustov, L.M., Ross. Khim. Zh., 2004, vol. XLVIII, no. 6, pp. 3–12.Google Scholar
- 17.Do Thi Thu Huong, Tran Thi Thu Thuy, Tran Thi Hien, Nguyen Thanh Tra, Nguyen Quyet Tien, Smirnova, I.E., Kazakova, O.B., Minnibaeva, E.M., and Tolstikov, G.A., Chem. Nat. Comp., 2013, vol. 49, no. 1, pp. 51–57.Google Scholar
- 18.Flekhter, O.B., Baltina, L.A., Spirikhin, L.V., Baikova, I.P., and Tolstikov, G.A., Izv. Ross. Akad. Nauk, Ser. Khim., 1998, vol. 47, no. 531–534.Google Scholar
- 19.Tran, L.Q. and Tran, K.Q., J. Chem., 1998, vol. 36, p. 8.Google Scholar
- 20.Khabriev, R.U., Rukovodstvo po eksperimental’nomu (doklinicheskomu) izucheniyu novykh farmakologicheskikh veshchestv (Manual on Experimental (Preclinical) Study of New Pharmaceuticals), Moscow: Meditsina, 2005, pp. 683–695.Google Scholar
- 21.Sanitarnye pravila po ustroistvu, oborudovaniyu i soderzhaniyu eksperimental’no-biologicheskikh klinik (vivariev). SNIP 1045-73, utv. 06.04.1973 (Sanitary Rules on the Organization, Equipment, and Maintenance of Experimental Biological Clinics (Vivaria). SNIP 1045-73, Approved April 6, 1973), Moscow: Gosstandart, 2011.Google Scholar
- 22.Printsipy nadlezhashchei laboratornoi praktiki: GOST R 53434-2009. Vved. 2009-12-09 (Principles of Good Laboratory Practice: GOST R 53434-2009. Introduced January 1, 2009), Moscow: Standartinform, 2009.Google Scholar
- 23.Kombikorma polnoratsionnye dlya laboratornykh zhivotnykh. Tekhnicheskie usloviya: GOST R 50258-92. Vved. 1994-01-01 (Complete Feed for Laboratory Animals. Technical Conditions: GOST R 50258-92. Introduced January 1, 1994), Moscow: Gosstandart Rossii, 1994.Google Scholar
- 24.Babak, O.Ya., Clinical significance and diagnostic tactics at increased level of transaminases in blood serum in the absence of clinical manifestations, Iskusstvo Lecheniya, 2006, no. 8 (34), pp. 1–15.Google Scholar