Development of Search Strategy for Peptide Inhibitors of Immune Checkpoints
- 6 Downloads
Current strategy for the blockade of molecules inhibiting T-cell immunity, the immune checkpoints (ICP), such as CTLA-4, PD-1, and B7-H1(PD-L1), using monoclonal antibodies (mAbs), showed significant clinical effects in cancer immunotherapy. In this kind of therapy, antibodies do not kill tumor cells directly, but block inhibitory signals for T lymphocytes, resulting in activation of the immune response cascade that eliminate malignant cells and lead to tumor degradation. However, the mAb preparations have some limitations, and the development of new low-molecular-weight antagonists (for example, peptides) is an important issue. In this study, we used peptide microarrays and phage display libraries to search for peptides that interact with the immune checkpoints. We found peptides that specifically bind CTLA-4, PD-1, B7-1, B7-2 and B7-H1(PD-L1) which play important role in the regulation of the immune responses. These synthetic peptides can be applied to the development of new immunomodulating drugs for cancer immunotherapy.
Keywordssynthetic peptides co-stimulatory molecules immune checkpoints immune response peptide microchips immunotherapy immunomodulation phage display
the cytotoxic receptor 4 of a T-lymphocyte
the receptor of the programmed cell death for a T-lymphocyte
- В7-1/2 and B7-H1(PD-L1)
ligands of the CTLA-4 and PD-1 receptors
major histocompatibility complex
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Abelev, G.I., Soros. Obrazovat. Zh., 1996, no. 5, pp. 4–10.Google Scholar
- 12.Kadagidze, Z.G., Chertkova, A.I., Zabotina, T.N., Korotkova, O.V., Slavina, E.G., and Borunova, A.A., Zh. Zlokachestv. Opukh., 2015, no. 1, pp. 24–31.Google Scholar
- 15.Shapoval, A.I., Podlesnykh, S.V., Kolosova, E.A., and Shcherbakov, D.N., Ross. Onkol. Zh., 2017, no. 4, pp. 175–179.Google Scholar
- 18.Volpe, M., J. Cardiol., 2014, vol. 176, pp. 630–639.Google Scholar
- 27.Tolmacheva, V.V., Apyari, V.V., Ibragimova, B.N., Kochuk, E.V., Dmitrienko, S.G., and Zolotov, Yu.A., Zh. Anal. Khim., 2015, vol. 70, pp. 1149–1158.Google Scholar
- 28.Ph.D.™Phage Display Libraries. Instructional Manual, New England BioLabs Inc.Google Scholar