Heterogeneous Computing in Resource-Intensive CFD Simulations
- 12 Downloads
A software package implementing a fully heterogeneous mode of computations on CPUs and GPU accelerators for efficient use of hybrid supercomputers has been developed at the Keldysh Institute of Applied Mathematics of the Russian Academy of Sciences. The package involves a distributed preprocessor ensuring work with fine unstructured meshes. Combined compression of the grid topology is used to reduce the amount of storage required for superlarge grid data. The study involves petascale computational resources.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.P. Vincent, F. Witherden, B. Vermeire, J. S. Park, and A. Iyer, “Towards green aviation with Python at petascale,” SC16: International Conference for High Performance Computing, Networking, Storage, and Analysis (2016), pp. 1–11. doi 10.1109/SC.2016.1.10.1109/SC.2016.1Google Scholar
- 4.B. N. Chetverushkin, Kinetic Schemes and Quasi-Gasdynamic System of Equations (MAKS, Moscow, 2004; CIMNE, Barcelona, 2008).Google Scholar
- 7.V. E. Borisov, A. A. Davydov, A. E. Lutskii, and Ya. V. Khankhasaeva, Preprint No. 130, IPM RAN (Keldysh Inst. of Applied Mathematics, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, 2017).Google Scholar
- 8.S. A. Soukov, Preprint No. 108, IPM RAN (Keldysh Inst. of Applied Mathematics, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, 2016).Google Scholar
- 9.E. N. Golovchenko and M. V. Yakobovskii, Vychisl. Metod. Program. 16 (4), 507–517 (2015).Google Scholar
- 10.E. Cuthill and J. McKee, “Reducing the bandwidth of sparse symmetric matrices,” in ACM Proceedings of the 24th National Conference (ACM, New York, 1969), pp. 157–172.Google Scholar
- 11.S. Gumhold, S. Guthe, and W. Straßer, “Tetrahedral mesh compression with the cutborder machine,” in Proceedings of the Conference on Visualization (VIS’99) (San Francisco, CA, 1999), pp. 51–58.Google Scholar
- 12.M. Isenburg and P. Alliez, “Compressing hexahedral volume meshes,” in Proceedings of Pacific Graphics (Beijing, 2002), pp. 284–293.Google Scholar