Spectra of a Photonic Crystal Containing a Layer with a High Dielectric Constant
- 14 Downloads
Abstract—The features of the transmission spectra of a one-dimensional photonic crystal are studied, in which the dielectric constant of one of the two layers in the structural period is many times greater than the permittivity of the other. The spectra of a finite defect-free structure, an inversion-defect structure, and a symmetric microcavity structure are considered. The authors demonstrate the possibility of controlling the width of the photonic band gap using an electric field, as well as achieving a very narrow spectral line of the defect mode and an ultrahigh degree of radiation localization at the defect.
The study was carried out with the financial support of the Ministry of Science and Education of the Russian Federation (state task no. 3.6825.2017/BCh) and the Russian Foundation for Basic Research (project no. 18-42-730001/18).
- 1.B. Z. Katsenelenbaum, Theory of Irregular Waveguides with Slowly Varying Parameters (Akad. Nauk SSSR, Moscow, 1961) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 2.B. Z. Katsenelenbaum, High-Frequency Electrodynamics (Nauka, Moscow, 1966; Wiley-VCH, Weinheim, 2006).Google Scholar
- 4.Yu. V. Gulyaev and S. A. Nikitov, Radiotekhnika, No. 8, 26 (2003).Google Scholar
- 5.V. I. Belotelov and A. K. Zvezdin, Photonic Crystals and Other Metamaterials (Byuro Kvantum, Moscow, 2006) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 7.V. V. Shabanov, S. Ya. Vetrov, and A. V. Shabanov, Optics of Real Photonic Crystals (Nauka, Novosibirsk, 2005).Google Scholar
- 11.Kumar Vipin, B. Suthar, J. V. Malik, et al., Photonics Optoelectron. 2 (1), 17 (2013).Google Scholar
- 12.V. B. Braginskii and V. S. Il’chenko, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR 293, 1358 (1987).Google Scholar
- 13.M. L. Gorodetskii, OpticalMicroresonators with Huge Good Quality (Fizmatlit, Moscow, 2012).Google Scholar
- 15.Ferroelectric Material in the Microwave Oven Equipment, Ed. by O. G. Vendik, (Sovetskoe Radio, Moscow, 1979) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 16.V. Grimalsky, S. Koshevaya, J. Escobedo-Alatorre, and M. Tecpoyotl-Torres, J. Electromagn. Anal. & Appl. 8, 226 (2016).Google Scholar
- 17.A. Yariv and P. Yeh, Optical Waves in Crystals: Propagation and Control of Laser Radiation (Wiley, New York, 1984; Mir, Moscow, 1987).Google Scholar