Design and Implementation of Fractional Order Differintegrators Using Reduced s to z Transforms
- 86 Downloads
The Design and implementation of fractional order digital differentiators and integrators is the main objective of this paper. Identify the novel reduced s to z transforms calculated using model order reduction techniques. Thus the transforms are discretized directly using Continued Fraction Expansion (CFE).The designed differentiators and integrators are implemented on Xilinx Spartan 3E field programmable gate arrays (FPGA) and are tested using the sinusoidal, square and triangular waveforms. The practical results agree with the theoretical ones.
Keywords:discretization continued fraction expansion differentiators integrators FPGA
Authors wish to acknowledge the university authorities, Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Kakinada (JNTUK), Kakinada, Andhra Pradesh, India, for providing facilities to carry out this research.
- 2.S. Manabe, “The non-integer integral and its application to control systems,” J. IEE Japan, 80 (860), 589‒597 (1960).Google Scholar
- 6.B. T. Krishna, “Design of fractional order differintegrators using reduced order s to z transforms,” in Proc. IEEE 10th Int. Conf. on Industrial and Information Systems, Sri Lanka, Dec. 1‒20, 2015 (IEEE, New York, 2015), pp. 18‒20.Google Scholar
- 10.K. Rajasekhar and B. T. Krishna, “Design of fractional order differintegrators at various sampling intervbals,” J. Adv. Res. Dynam. & Control Syst. 9, 1379‒1392 (2017).Google Scholar
- 11.B. T. Krishna, “Novel digital differentiators based on interpolation,” in Proc. Int. Conf. on Electronics and Commun. Syst. (ICECS), Coimbatore 2014 (ICECS, 2014), pp. 1‒3.Google Scholar
- 12.C. X. Jiang, J. Carletta, and T. T. Hartley, “Implementation of fractional-order operators on field programmable gate arrays (FPGA),” Adv. Fractional Calculus (Springer), 333‒346 (2007).Google Scholar
- 13.M. V. N. V. Prasad, K. C. Ray, and A. S. Dhar, “FPGA implementation of discrete fractional Fourier transform,” in Proc. Int. Conf. on Signal Process. and Commun. (ICSPC), Gold Coast, Australia, Dec. 13‒15, 2010 (ICSPC, 2010), pp. 1–5.Google Scholar
- 16.M. F. Tolba, et al., “FPGA realization of Caputo and Grunwald-Letnikov operators”, in Proc. 6th Int. Conf. on Modern Circuits and Systems Technolog. (MOCAST), 2017 (MOCAST, 2017), pp. 1‒4.Google Scholar
- 17.D. Silage, Embedded Design Using Programmable Gate Arrays (Bookstand, Philadelphia, 2008).Google Scholar
- 18.S. K. Mitra, Digital Signal Processing: a Computer-Based Approach (McGraw-Hill, New York, 2006), Vol. 2.Google Scholar
- 19.J. Proakis and D. Manolakis, Digital Signal Processing, Principles, Algorithms and Applications (PHI Publications, 1999).Google Scholar
- 20.A. N. Khovanskii, The Application of Continued Fraction and Their Generalizations to Problems in Approximation Theory (Noordhoff, 1963; Mir, Moscow, 1973).Google Scholar