Analysis of the Characteristics of a Two-Dimensional Scanning Array of TEM Horns with Metalized Inter-Horn Space
- 23 Downloads
A planar two-dimensional array of TEM horns with partial metallization of the inter-horn space and a metal screen is considered. For an infinite scanning array, an approximate numerico–analytical model based on the integral equation methods is developed. The integral equations are solved by the Bubnov–Galerkin method. The propagation constants and characteristic impedances of the principal modes of such an array are found. The problem of mode propagation along the array and their radiation into free space is solved within the transmission line theory. The numerical results obtained within the approximate theory are compared with the corresponding results of the finite element method (FEM). Using the FEM, a full-wave model of a finite array is developed. The numerical experiment has shown the feasibility of matching finite scanning arrays of TEM horns with a screen in a band with a lower-to-upper frequency ratio of 1 : 10.
This work was supported by the Russian Foundation for Basic Research, project no. 15-07-07797.
- 1.S. E. Bankov, V. A. Kaloshin, and Q. Z. Nguyen, in Proc. 4th All-Russia Microwave Conf., Moscow, Nov. 21–25, 2016 (Kotel’nikov IRE RAN, Moscow, 2016), p. 410.Google Scholar
- 2.S. E. Bankov, V. A. Kaloshin, and Q. Z. Nguyen, J. Commun. Technol. Electron. 63, 702 (2018).Google Scholar
- 3.V. A. Kaloshin and Q. Z. Nguyen, J. Radioelektron., No. 5 (2017). (http://jre.cplire.ru/jre/may17/14/text.pdf).Google Scholar
- 4.D. T. McGrath, in Proc. IEEE Antennas Propag. Soc. Int. Symp., Atlanta, GA, USA, June 21–26, 1998 (IEEE, New York, 1998), p. 1024.Google Scholar
- 5.N. Amitay, V. Galindo, and Ch. P. Wu, Theory and Analysis of Phased Antenna Arrays (Wiley, New York, 1972; Mir, Moscow, 1974).Google Scholar
- 6.B. Z. Katsenelenbaum, Theory of Waveguides with Slowly Varying Parameters (Akad. Nauk SSSR, Moscow, 1961) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 7.G. T. Markov and A. F. Chaplin, Excitation of Electromagnetic Waves (Radio i Svyaz’, Moscow, 1983) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 10.V. V. Nikol’skii, Variational Methods for Interior Problems of Electromagnetics (Nauka, Moscow, 1967) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 11.D. M. Sazonov, Microwave Circuits and Antennas (Vysshaya Shkola, Moscow, 1988; Mir, Moscow, 1990).Google Scholar