Charge Transfer in Gap Structures Based on the Chalcogenide System (As2Se3)100 –xBix
The results of investigating charge-transfer processes in thin layers of a vitreous system (As2Se3)100 – xBix are presented. A power-law dependence of the conductivity on the frequency and a decrease in the exponent s with increasing temperature are found. Charge transfer is a thermally activated process with two regions in the temperature dependence of the conductivity with the activation energies E1 = 0.12 ± 0.01 eV and E2 = 0.23 ± 0.01 eV, respectively. The results are explained in terms of the correlated barrier hopping (CBH) model of hopping conductivity in disordered systems. The main microparameters of the system are calculated: the density of localized states (N), the hopping length (Rω), and the largest height of the potential barrier (WM).
Keywords:vitreous system (As2Se3)100 –xBix dielectric spectroscopy conductivity gap structures X-ray diffraction analysis
This work was supported by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation in the framework of the state task (project no. 16.2811.2017/PCh).
CONFLICT OF INTEREST
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
- 8.L. P. Kazakova, E. A. Lebedev, E. A. Smorgonskaya, and K. D. Tsendin, Electronic Phenomena in Glassy Chalcogenide Semiconductors, Ed. by K. D. Tsendin (Nauka, St. Petersburg, 1996) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 12.M. I. Korsunskii, Physics of X-Rays (ONTI, Moscow, Leningrad, 1936) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 13.N. F. Mott and E. A. Davis, Electronic Processes in Non-Crystalline Materials (Calendon, Oxford, 1979).Google Scholar
- 16.M. Saiter, T. Derrey, and C. Vautier, J. Non-Cryst. Sol. 77–78, 1169 (1985).Google Scholar
- 17.B. L. Gel’mont and K. D. Tsendin, Sov. Phys. Semicond. 17, 655 (1983).Google Scholar