Do Chemical Effects Affect the Accumulation of Structural Damage during the Implantation of Fluorine Ions into GaN?
- 26 Downloads
The accumulation of structural damage in GaN under irradiation with accelerated F and Ne ions with energies of 1.3 and 3.2 keV/amu is investigated. It is shown that chemical effects during implantation of fluorine ions within the doses under consideration do not noticeably affect the formation of stable structural damage both in the bulk and on the surface of GaN.
Keywords:GaN ion irradiation defect engineering chemical effects
This study was supported by the Russian Foundation for Basic Research, project no. 18-08-01213.
CONFLICT OF INTEREST
The authors claim that they have no conflict of interest.
- 4.A. I. Titov, P. A. Karaseov, K. V. Karabeshkin, V. S. Belyakov, A. V. Arkhipov, and S. O. Kucheyev, Nucl. Instrum. Methods Phys. Res., Sect. B 315, 257 (2013).Google Scholar
- 5.N. N. Gerasimenko, A. A. Zhukov, N. N. Gerasimenko, Jr., A. N. Tarasenkov, and I. V. Lovyagin, Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved., Elektron., Nos. 4–5, 185 (2005).Google Scholar
- 6.S. O. Kucheyev, PhD Thesis (Austral. Natl. Univ., 2002), p. 72.Google Scholar
- 7.J. F. Ziegler, J. P. Biersack, and U. Littmark, The Stopping and Range of Ions in Solids (Pergamon, New York, 1985); J. F. Ziegler, SRIM-2013 Software Package. http://www.srim.org.Google Scholar
- 15.A. I. Titov, P. A. Karaseov, A. Yu. Kataev, A. Yu. Azarov, and S. O. Kucheyev, Nucl. Instrum. Methods Phys. Res., Sect. B 277, 80 (2012).Google Scholar
- 16.S. O. Kucheyev, J. Zou, J. S. Williams, C. Jagadish, and G. Li, Nucl. Instrum. Methods Phys. Res., Sect. B 178, 209 (2001).Google Scholar