Specific Features of the Electrochemical Capacitance–Voltage Profiling of GaAs LED and pHEMT Structures with Quantum-Confined Regions
- 4 Downloads
GaAs light-emitting (LED) and HEMT structures with δ-doped regions, InGaAs/GaAs quantum wells, and surface layers of InAs/GaAs quantum dots were studied by means of the electrochemical capacitance- voltage profiling technique. The concentration depth profiles of free charge carriers were obtained. Charges accumulated in quantum wells and quantum dots, as well as the doping levels of the emitter and δ layers were determined. The band structure and free carrier density distribution over the depth of the samples with different quantum well geometry were simulated. The specific features of electrochemical capacitance- voltage profiling in different heterostructure types are analyzed. A method of integration of capacitance- voltage curves at each etching stage was suggested. This method provides the efficient separation of responses from closely located layers, particularly the quantum well and δ layer.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 8.I. A. Karpovich, B. N. Zvonkov, N. V. Baidus, S. V. Tikhov, and D. O. Filatov, Trends in Nanotechnology Research (Nova Science, New York, 2004).Google Scholar
- 14.V. I. Zubkov, Diagnostics of Semiconductor Nanoheterostructures by Admittance Spectroscopy Methods (Elmor, St. Petersburg, 2007) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 17.D. S. Frolov, G. E. Yakovlev, V. I. Zubkov, A. L. Dudin, A. V. Solomnikova, and E. S. Kunashik, Izv. SPbGETU LETI 2, 6 (2016).Google Scholar
- 24.G. Yakovlev, D. Frolov, and V. Zubkov, J. Phys.: Conf. Ser. 690, 012015 (2016).Google Scholar
- 28.E. Yu. Kozlovskii, Extended Abstract of Cand. Sci. Dissertation (Novgor. State Univ., Velik. Novgorod, 2013).Google Scholar
- 30.A. L. Dudin, M. S. Mironova, G. E. Yakovlev, D. S. Frolov, I. V. Kogan, I. V. Shukov, V. I. Zubkov, and G. F. Glinskii, Prikl. Fiz., No. 3, 78 (2017).Google Scholar
- 32.M. S. Mironova, V. I. Zubkov, A. L. Dudin, and G. F. Glinskii, in Proceedings of the 25th International Symposium on Nanostructures: Physics and Technology, St. Petersburg, Russia, 2017, p. 118.Google Scholar