High-Speed Recording of Vacuum Arc Discharge Images in the Optical Range
- 15 Downloads
Switching of a short vacuum gap with an auxiliary discharge over the surface of a dielectric has been studied via high-speed recording of images of discharge plasma radiating in the optical spectral range. Based on the analysis of experimental data, we surmise that the cathode spot and cathode flame radiation play an important role in the formation of the current channel in the discharge.
This work was supported by the Russian Foundation for Basic Research, project no. 18-32-00372 mol_a.
- 4.V. A. Ivanov, A. S. Sakharov, and M. E. Konyzhev, Usp. Prikl. Fiz. 1, 697 (2014).Google Scholar
- 6.G. A. Mesyats, Ectons in Vacuum Discharges: Breakdown, Spark, and Arc (Nauka, Moscow, 2000) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 7.G. A. Mesyats, Pulsed Energetics and Electronics (Nauka, Moscow, 2004) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 8.Yu. P. Raizer, Gas Discharge Physics (Nauka, Moscow, 1992; Springer, Berlin, 1997).Google Scholar
- 9.E. P. Velikhov, A. S. Kovalev, and A. T. Rakhimov, Physical Phenomena in Gas-Discharge Plasmas (Nauka, Moscow, 1987) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 10.N. A. Kaptsov, Electronics (GITTL, Moscow, 1954) [in Russian].Google Scholar