First Results of the TUS Orbital Detector of Extreme-Energy Cosmic Rays
- 13 Downloads
The TUS telescope, which has been launched into orbit from the Vostochny Cosmodrome on April 28, 2016, as a part of the scientific payload of the Lomonosov satellite, is the world’s first orbital detector of extreme-energy cosmic rays. Some of the results obtained with TUS in the mode for recording extensive air showers (EAS) in the first year of operation are presented. We focus on the main types of events recorded by the device describing a technique for searching EAS in the experimental data. The preliminary results are presented.
The work was supported by Moscow State University under the program “Prospective directions of development”, State Corporation “ROSKOSMOS”, as well as by the Russian Foundation for Basic Research, projects nos. 16-29-13065-ofi-m, 15-02-0459817 and 15-35-21038.
- 2.R. Benson and J. Linsley, in 17th Int. Cosmic Ray Conf. (France, Paris, 1981), vol. 8, p.145 (1981).Google Scholar
- 3.V. V. Alexandrov et al., Int. Cosmic Ray Conf. 2, 831 (2001).Google Scholar
- 4.B. A. Khrenov et al., “Observing ultrahigh energy cosmic rays from space and earth,“ J. Phys.: Conf. Ser. 566, 57 (2001).Google Scholar
- 8.B. A. Khrenov et al., (Lomonosov-UHECR/TLE Collab.), J. Cosmol. Astropart. Phys. 2017(9), 006 (2017).Google Scholar
- 9.P. A. Klimov, et al., (Lomonosov-UHECR/TLE Collab., 2017), arXiv:1706.04976.Google Scholar
- 10.M. Yu. Zotov, (Lomonosov-UHECR/TUS Collab., 2017), arXiv:1703.09484.Google Scholar
- 11.P. Klimov, B. Khrenov, S. Sharakin, M. Zotov, N. Chirskaya, V. Eremeev, G. Garipov, M. Kaznacheeva, M. Panasyuk, A. Shirokov, and I. Yashin, in Proceedings of the International Symposium TEPA-2016, Ed. by A. Chilingarian, p. 122 (2017).Google Scholar
- 15.A. A. Grinyuk, A. V. Tkachenko, and L. G. Tkachev (TUS Collab.), J. Phys.: Conf. Ser. 409, 012105 (2013).Google Scholar
- 18.S. V. Biktemerova, et al. (Lomonosov-UHECR-TUS Collab.) (2017); arXiv:1706.05369.Google Scholar
- 19.L. G. Tkachev (Lomonosov-UHECR/TUS Collab.), Proc. Sci. (ICRC 2017), ID527.Google Scholar