Highlights of Searches for Physics Beyond the Standard Model from the CMS Experiment at the LHC
Searches for physics beyond the Standard Model in the Higgs sector with the CMS experiment at the Large Hadron Collider are briefly reviewed. These are based on the CMS data collected during the first and second LHC runs.
Keywords:Higgs boson rare decays lepton flavor violation dark matter Large Hadron Collider
I wish to thank the participants of the CMS experiment for collaboration and discussions concerning the manuscript. I am particularly grateful to M.V. Savina for carefully reading the manuscript and for helpful comments.
- 3g.S. V. Shmatov, “Review of the CMS results”, in Proc. Joint RDMS–CMS Seminar on Physics at the LHC, 2016, vol. 4, p. 13.Google Scholar
- 6.CMS Collab., “Observation of the SM scalar boson decaying to a pair of leptons with the CMS experiment at the LHC”, Preprint CERN, no. CMS-PAS-HIG-16-043 (2016).Google Scholar
- 13.CMS Collab., “Search for lepton flavour violating decays of the Higgs boson to and in proton–proton collisions at = 13 TeV”, Preprint CERN, no. CMS-PAS-HIG-17-001 (2017).Google Scholar
- 15R15a.ATLAS and CMS Collaborations, “Measurements of the Higgs boson production and decay rates and constraints on its couplings from a combined ATLAS and CMS analysis of the LHC pp collision data at = 7 and 8 TeV”, JHEP 08, 45 (2016);Google Scholar
- 15R15b.ATLAS and CMS Collaborations, “Combined measurement of the Higgs boson mass in pp collisions at = 7 and 8 TeV with the ATLAS and CMS experiments”, Phys. Rev. Lett. 114, 191803 (2015).Google Scholar
- 16.CMS Collab., “Search for light bosons in decays of the 125 GeV Higgs boson in proton-proton collisions at = 8 TeV”, arXiv:1701.02032.Google Scholar
- 17b.CMS Collab., “A Search for beyond Standard Model light bosons decaying into muon pairs”, Preprint CERN, no. CMS-PAS-HIG-16-035 (2016).Google Scholar
- 18.CMS Collab., “Summary results of high mass BSM Higgs searches using CMS run-I data”, Preprint CERN, no. CMS-PAS-HIG-16-007 (2016).Google Scholar