The Search for High-Energy Photons and Neutrinos Producing Extensive Air Showers with Energies E > 1018 eV and Zenith Angles θ > 70° in the Yakutsk Array Data
- 12 Downloads
The method of searching for showers generated by neutral particles such as high-energy gamma quanta and astrophysical neutrinos is described, and the results of this search are presented. These results were obtained in the combined analysis of data on electrons, muons, and Cherenkov radiation of EASs and their temporal responses in scintillation and Cherenkov detectors. An upper limit on the flux of gamma quanta with energies of 3 × 1018, 1019, and 3 × 1019 eV was obtained. The multiparameter analysis of shower characteristics did not reveal EASs produced by neutrinos.
This study was supported by the Russian Foundation for Basic Research, grant no. ofi_m 16-29-13019.
- 3.K. Kotera, D. Allard, and A. Olinto, J. Cosmol. Astropart. Phys. 2010 (10), 013 (2010).Google Scholar
- 7.S. Knurenko, Z. Petrov, and Yu. Yegorov, J. Phys.: Conf. Ser. 409, 012090 (2013).Google Scholar
- 8.G. I. Rubtsov, M. Fukushima, D. Ivanov, B. I. Stokes, G. B. Thomson, and S. V. Troitsky (TA Collab.), EPJ Web Conf. 53, 05001 (2013).Google Scholar
- 9.S. P. Knurenko, V. A. Kolosov, Z. E. Petrov, A. G. Pudov, R. G. Sidorov, and I. E. Sleptsov, Sci. Educ., No. 4, 46–50 (1998).Google Scholar
- 11.M. N. Dyakonov, S. P. Knurenko, V. A. Kolosov, D. D. Krasilnikov, F. F. Lischenyuk, I. E. Sleptsov, and S. I. Nikolsky, Nucl. Instrum. Methods Phys. Res., Sect. A 248, 224–226 (1986).Google Scholar
- 12.S. P. Knurenko, V. A. Kolosov, and Z. E. Petrov, in Proc. 27th Int. Cosmic Ray Conf., Hamburg, Germany, 2001, Vol. 1, pp. 157–160.Google Scholar
- 13.V. P. Artamonov, B. N. Afanasyev, and A. V. Glushkov, Bull. Russ. Acad. Sci.: Phys. 58, 92 (1994).Google Scholar
- 16.M. Settimo (Pierre Auger Collab.), in Proc. 32nd Int. Cosmic Ray Conf., Beijing, China, 2011, p. 393.Google Scholar
- 17.V. Scherini (Pierre Auger Collab.), EPJ Web Conf. 53, 05002 (2013).Google Scholar