Prototype Scintillation Detector with Photosensors Based on Silicon Photomultiplier Arrays
- 20 Downloads
A prototype scintillation detector with photosensors based on silicon photomultiplier (SiPM) arrays is described. Such a method of data-taking will make it possible to obtain an image (snapshot) of the event and, thereby, to separate different types of events (particle interactions) in the detector. For this purpose, the characteristics of SiPMs have been studied and a calibration measurement technique developed.
This work was carried out at the Baksan Underground Scintillation Telescope (Baksan Neutrino Observatory of the Institute for Nuclear Research of the Russian Academy of Sciences) and supported by the Russian Science Foundation, project no. 17-12-01331.
- 2.A. F. Yanin, I. M. Dzaparova, E. A. Gorbacheva, A. N. Kurenya, M. M. Kochkarov, V. B. Petkov, and A. V. Sergeev, Development of a scintillation detector with a photosensor based on matrices of silicon photomultipliers, J. Phys.: Conf. Ser., 798, 012169 (2017).Google Scholar
- 4.SensL, ArrayC-60035-64P-PCB. http://sensl.com/ estore/arrayc-60035-64p-pcb/.Google Scholar
- 5.SensL, C-Series. http://sensl.com/products/c-series/.Google Scholar
- 6.Yu. N. Kharzheev, Scintillation counters in modern high-energy physics experiments, 46, 678 (2015).Google Scholar
- 7.Caen, V792. http://www.caen.it/csite/CaenProd.jsp? idmod=41&parent=11.Google Scholar