Investigation of the Cosmic Rays Flux Anisotropy at High Energies (1015–1017 eV) by Means of Muon Bundles Registered with the Coordinate-Tracking Detector DECOR
- 34 Downloads
First results of the analysis of cosmic ray anisotropy from muon bundles recorded in the coordinate tracking detector DECOR of the Experimental Complex NEVOD during the 2013–2017 measurement series are discussed. Two event samples differing in the multiplicity of muons, selection conditions, and ranges of the zenith and azimuth angles are analyzed. Estimates of the anisotropy parameters of the flux of primary cosmic rays with energies of 1015–1017 eV are presented.
Keywords:muon bundles cosmic ray flux anisotropy coordinate tracking detector DECOR experimental complex NEVOD
This work was carried out on the Experimental Complex NEVOD and was supported by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation (MEPhI Academic Excellence Project 02.а03.21.0005) and the Russian Federation Presidential grant no. MK-2563.2017.2.
- 1.G. B. Khristiansen, G. V. Kulikov, and Yu. A. Fomin, Cosmic Rays of Super High Energy (Atomizdat, Moscow, 1975) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 3.S. Hayakawa, Cosmic Ray Physics (Wiley, New York, 1969; Mir, Moscow, 1974), Part 2.Google Scholar
- 4.M. G. Aartsen, K. Abraham, M. Ackermann, J. Adams, J. A. Aguilar, M. Ahlers, M. Ahrens, D. Altmann, T. Anderson, I. Ansseau, G. Anton, M. Archinger, C. Arguelles, T. C. Arlen, and J. Auffenberg, “Anisotropy in cosmic ray arrival directions in the southern hemisphere based on six years of data from the IceCube detector”, arXiv:1603.01227v2 [astro-ph.HE] 2 Jun 2016.Google Scholar
- 5.A. Aab, P. Abreu, M. Aglietta, E. J. Ahn, I. Al Samarai, I. F. M. Albuquerque, I. Allekotte, J. Allen, P. Allison, A. Almela, J. Alvarez Castillo, J. Alvarez-Muniz, R. Alves Batista, M. Ambrosio, and A. Aminaei, “Searches for large-scale anisotropy in the arrival directions of cosmic rays detected above energy of 1019 eV at the Pierre Auger observatory and the Telescope Array,” Astrophys. J., 794. 172 (2014).ADSCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 6.O. Deligny, “Large-scale distribution of arrival directions of cosmic rays detected at the Pierre Auger Observatory above 10 PeV,” J. Phys.: Conference Series (ICRC2015), 395 (2015). .Google Scholar
- 9.A. G. Bogdanov, D. M. Gromushkin, R. P. Kokoulin, G. Mannocchi, A. A. Petrukhin, O. Saavedra, G. Trinchero, D. V. Chernov, V. V. Shutenko, and I. I. Yashin, “Investigation of the properties of the flux and interaction of ultrahigh energy cosmic rays by the method of local muon density spectra, " Phys. Atom. Nucl. 73, 1852–1869 (2010).ADSCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 10.R. P. Kokoulin, A. G. Bogdanov, A. N. Dmitrieva, E. V. Romanenkova, V. V. Shutenko, and E. A. Yurina, “Atmospheric effects in the intensity of muon bundles and geometrical mechanism of their formation,” J. Phys.: Conference Series, 675, 032034 (2016).Google Scholar
- 11.NOAA Air Resources Laboratory (ARL) 2015, http:/ready.arl.noaa.gov/gdas1.php.Google Scholar