Localization of Excitations near a Thin Structured Spacer between Linear and Nonlinear Crystals
- 3 Downloads
It has been shown that localized and semi-localized stationary states exist near a thin structured defect layer between a linear medium and a Kerr nonlinear medium. Localized states are described by a monotonically decreasing amplitude of the field on the both sides of the interface between the media. Semilocalized states are characterized by the field that has the form of a standing wave in the linear medium and decreases monotonically in the nonlinear medium. Kerr media with self-focusing and defocusing are considered. The proposed model is described by a system of the linear and nonlinear Schrödinger equations with a specific potential simulating a thin structured defect layer. It has been shown that localized and semi-localized states exist in different energy ranges in the case of contact of the linear medium with the self-focusing medium. In the case of contact of the linear medium with the defocusing medium, two types of localized and semi-localized states differing in energy and field profile can exist in different energy ranges. In particular cases, expressions for energies of states of these types have been obtained and conditions of their applicability have been indicated.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. I. Pavlo and I. Yu. Solodov, Sov. Phys. Solid State 19, 1727 (1977).Google Scholar
- 2.D. Mikhalake, R. G. Nazmitdinov, and V. K. Fedyanin, Sov. J. Part. Nucl. 20, 86 (1989).Google Scholar
- 3.V. I. Gorentsveig, Yu. S. Kivshar’, A. M. Kosevich, and E. S. Syrkin, Sov. J. Low Temp. Phys. 16, 833 (1990).Google Scholar
- 5.N. N. Akhmediev, V. I. Korneev, and Yu. V. Kuz’menko, Sov. Phys. JETP 61, 62 (1985).Google Scholar
- 7.S. E. Savotchenko, Kondens. Sredy Mezhfaz. Granitsy 2, 291 (2017).Google Scholar
- 8.V. V. Krasil’nikov and S. E. Savotchenko, Izv. Tul’sk. Univ., Estestv. Nauki, No. 4, 178 (2015).Google Scholar
- 9.S. E. Savotchenko, Izv. Voronezh. Ped. Univ. 270, 196 (2016).Google Scholar
- 10.S. E. Savotchenko, Vestn. Voronezh. Univ., Ser. Fiz. Mat., No. 4, 51 (2016).Google Scholar