Synthesis of New SrPb3Br8 Crystals and Investigation of Their Properties
A new compound, SrPb3Br8, has been synthesized and investigated by X-ray diffraction and spectroscopic methods. Its crystal structure is described as follows: Pnma, a = 8.0056(4) Å, b = 4.7359(2) Å, and c = 9.5208(5) Å. The crystals are transparent at wavelengths larger than ~360 nm; their band gap is 3.20 eV and the density is 6.242 g/cm3.
This study was supported in part by state project no. 0330-2016-0008, decree 211 of the government of the Russian Federation (contract no. 02.А03.21.0011), and the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation (grant no. 10.9639.2017/8.9).
- 1.M. C. Nostrand, R. H. Page, S. A. Payne, et al., Advanced Solid State Lasers, Ed. by W. Bosenberg and M. Fejer (OSA/IEEE, Washington, 1998), Vol. 19, p. CS23.Google Scholar
- 6.Powder Diffraction File, PDF-2/Release 2009 (International Centre for Diffraction Date, USA, 2009).Google Scholar
- 7.G. Nolze and W. Kraus, Powder Diffr. 13, 25 (1998).Google Scholar
- 8.N. E. Kashcheeva, D. Y. Naumov, and E. V. Boldyreva, Z. Kristallogr. 214, 534 (1999).Google Scholar
- 13.N. J. Cherepy, B. W. Sturm, O. B. Drury, et al., Proc. SPIE: The International Society for Optical Engineering 8142, September 2011, p. 81420W.Google Scholar