Mineralogical and Technological Assessment of Tin–Sulfide Mining Waste Dressability
Mineralogical composition, structural changes and floatability of minerals in the content of the Novosibirsk Tin Works waste are examined. It is shown that casserite is totally unfloatable after long stay in tailings pond, while iron sulfides preserve flotation ability despite the fact that their structure is partly X-ray amorphous. Combining key beneficiation techniques allows production of concentrates with the tin content of 10% and higher, though the tin recovery is no more than 17.2% in this case, which prevents from recommending the combination dressing for application. In the article, the flotation circuit producing tin concentrate at the yield of 5% and recovery of 80%, which meets the requirements of fuming process and electric melting, is proposed and substantiated.
KeywordsMining waste minerals casserite tin concentrate dressing flotation magnetic separation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
The authors express their gratitude to Doctor of Technical Sciences G. I. Gazaleeva for the valuable methodological support.
- 1.Chanturia, V.A., Vaisberg, L.A., and Kozlov, A.P., Priority Directions of Research in the Field of Processing of Mineral Raw Materials, Obogashch. Rud, 2014, no. 2, pp. 3–9.Google Scholar
- 2.Lebedev, I.S., D’yakov, V.E., and Terebenin, A.N., Kompleksnaya metallurgiya olova (Complex Metallurgy of Tin), Novosibirsk: Novosibirskiy pisatel’, 2004, 548 p.Google Scholar
- 3.Yusupov, T.S., Kondrat’ev, S.A., and Baksheeva, Production-Induced Cassiterite-Sulfide Mine Waste Minerals Structural-Chemical and Technological Properties, Obogashch. Rud, 2016, no. 5, pp. 26–31.Google Scholar
- 4.Larionov, A.N., Terent’eva, E.A., Kanarskaya, A.V., and Vorob’ev, V.V., Dry Ore Preparation Methods: New Prospects, Proceedings of the 10th Congress of Ore Dressers of the CIS Countries, Moscow, 2015, pp. 497–500.Google Scholar
- 6.Semenov, E.I. and Organova, N.I. Gel-Cassiterite, Mineralogicheskie issledovania (Mineralogical Studies), 1969, Moscow.Google Scholar
- 8.Tverdov, A.A., Zhura, A.V., and Nikishichev, S.V., Improvement of the Deposit Development Budgetary Efficiency Estimation and Socio-Economic Macro-Effect Valuation Method, Nedropolz.-XXI Vek, 2013, no. 3 (40), pp. 86–91.Google Scholar