Blasting Methods of Stress State Determination in Rock Mass
- 6 Downloads
The methods for the determination of stress state in rock mass using the energy of explosion are substantiated. The industrial tests are performed with a view to sizing zones of squeezing and radial fracturing in mines of Priargunsky Mining and Chemical Works. It is found that the fracturing zone radius decreases and the squeezing zone diameter increases with the grater depth of mining operations. The theoretical formulas for calculating stresses depending on sizes of squeezing and fracturing zones, physical and mechanical properties of rocks and detonation characteristics of explosives are obtained. The validity of the formulas is proved in comparison with the method of stress measurement in parallel drill holes at the Antei deposit of Priargunsky MCW. The method of stress determination by blasting is suitable for operational application during heading in mines.
KeywordsRock mass stress state explosion energy squeezing zone radial fracturing zone physicotechnical properties stress formulas validity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 6.Panfilova, D.V. and Remezov, A.V., Estimating Rock Pressure during Stoping: Analysis of Methods, Vestn. KuzGTU, 2005, no. 41, pp. 48–52.Google Scholar
- 10.Kuznetsov, G.N., Ardashev, K.A., Filatov, N.A., and Amusin, B.Z., Metody i sredstva resheniya zadach gornoi geomekhaniki (Methods and Tools for Solving Geomechanics Problems), Moscow: Nedra, 1987.Google Scholar
- 11.Vitolin, E.S., Chernyakov, A.B., Ruban, A.D., and Potapov, A.M., Metody i sredstva kontrolya sostoyaniya i svoistv gornykh porod v massive (Methods and Tools for Control of the State and Properties of Rocks), Moscow: Nedra, 1989.Google Scholar
- 12.Trubetskoy, K.N., Iofis, M.A., and Postavnin, B.N., RF patent no. 2194857, Byull. Izobtet., 2002, no. 35.Google Scholar
- 13.Polozhenie po bezopasnomu vedeniyu gornykh rabot na mestorozhdeniyakh, sklonnykh i opasnykh po gornym udaram. Ser. 06 (Safety Regulations for Mining in Fields with Rock Burst Risks: Federal Norms and Rules for Production Safety. Ser. 06), Moscow: ZAO NTC PB, 2014, Issue 7.Google Scholar
- 14.Tyupin, V.N., Vzryvnye i gornomekhanicheskie protsessy v treschinovatykh napryazhennykh gornykh massivakh (Explosive and Geomechanical Processes in Fractured Stressed Rock Mass), Belgorod: Belgorod, 2017.Google Scholar
- 15.Sukhanov, A.F. and Kutuzov B.N., Razrushenie gornykh porod vzryvom (Rock Breakage), Moscow: Nedra, 1983.Google Scholar