Seismic Event in the Komsomolskaya Mine on the 25th of January, 2018
- 4 Downloads
On the 25th of January, 2018 within the limits of the Vorkuta urban district, the regional seismic stations recorded an event classified as a rock burst. The records of 17 stations at the epicentral distances from 260 to 1645 km were collected and analyzed. The epicenter was localized in the Komsomolskaya Mine field of the Vorkuta coal deposit. Parameters of this event hypocenter were calculated by the data of the mine seismic monitoring network GITS, Vorkutaugol, which greatly improved reliability of determination of the hypocenter as compare with processing results of he regional stations and offered a reference estimate of the localization. The 25th of January rock burst has one more time proved that the geodynamic control and safety enhancement in the important mining region in the Republic of Komi requires installation of seismic stations nearby mine fields in the Vorkuta district.
KeywordsRock burst induced seismicity geodynamic safety coal mine Vorkuta deposit
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
The authors are grateful to the colleagues from the Federal Research Center, Geophysical Survey of the RAS in Arkhangelsk and Perm for sharing seismic data.
- 1.Ekspert prokommentiroval seismoyavlenie v Vorkute (An expert has commented on the seismic event in Vorkuta), Moya Vorkuta, 25.1.2018, no.22 (265), http:gazetamv.ru/ekspert-prokommentiroval-sejsmoyavlenie-v-vorkute.html (last access 27.01.2018).Google Scholar
- 2.Krasilov, S.A., Kolomiets, M.V., and Akimov, A.P., WSG Digital Seismic Data Processing, Modern Methods of Seismic Data Processing and Interpretation: Proc. Int. Seismol. Seminar on Centenary Celebration of the Pulkovo and Yekaterinburg Seismic Stations, Obninsk: GS RAN, 2006, pp. 77–83.Google Scholar
- 3.Ringdal, F. and Kvaerna, T., A Multi-Channel Processing Approach to Real Time Network Detection, Phase Association, and Threshold Monitoring, Seismological Society of America Bulletin, 1989, vol. 79, no 6, pp. 927–1940.Google Scholar
- 4.Fedorov, A.V., Asming, V.E., Evtyugina, Z.A., and Prokudina, A.V., System of Automatic Seismicity Monitoring in the European Arctic, Seismich. Pribory, 2018, vol. 54, no. 1, pp. 29–39.Google Scholar
- 5.Schueller, W., Morozov I.B., and Smithson S.B., Crustal and Uppermost Mantle Velocity Structure of Northern Eurasia along the Profile Quartz, Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America, 1997, no. 87, pp. 414–426.Google Scholar
- 6.Gabsatarova, I.P., Calculation of Local Magnitude: Making It Part of Routine Work by the Geophysical Survey of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Modern Methods of Seismic Data Processing and Interpretation: Proc. Int. Seismol. Seminar on Centenary Celebration of the Pulkovo and Yekaterinburg Seismic Stations, Obninsk: GS RAN, 2006, pp. 49–53.Google Scholar
- 7.Loginov, A.K., Sovremennye tekhnologicheskie i tekhnicheskie resheniya otrabotki ugol’nykh plastov (Modern Technological and Engineering Solutions in Coal Mining), Moscow: Gornaya Kniga, 2012.Google Scholar
- 8.NORSAR GBF Bulletins. URL: http://www.norsardata.no/NDC/bulletins/gbf/2018/GBF18025.html (last access 27.01.2018).
- 9.Vernigor, V.M. and Osipov, A.N., Providing geodynamic safety in mining at the Vorkuta coal field), GIAB, 2000, no. 7, pp. 122–123.Google Scholar
- 10.Adushkin, V.V., Industrially induced tectonic earthquakes), Izv. RAN, Fiz. Zem., 2016, no. 2, pp. 22–44.Google Scholar
- 11.Noskova, N.N., Updating Location of Some Seismic Events for 1997–2016 in the Polar Ural, Modern Methods of Seismic Data Processing and Interpretation: Proc. 12th Int. Seismological Seminar, Obninsk: FITS EGS RAN, 2017, pp. 250–254.Google Scholar
- 12.Noskova, N.N., Seismic Events in the Pechora Coal Basin in 2016, Geodynamics, Lithology, and Ore Genesis in the East European Platform and Its Folded Periphery, Proc. All-Russ. Conf. with Int. Participants, Syktyvkar: IG Komi NTS UrO RAN, 2017, pp. 133–135.Google Scholar
- 13.Noskova, N.N., Mining-induced seismic event on June 8, 2015 in the Komsomolskaya Mine, Mineral Resources of the Arctic Territories of the Komi Republic and the Nenets Autonomous District: Proc. Sci.-Pract. Conf., Syktyvkar: IG Komi NTS UrO RAN, 2016, pp. 55–56.Google Scholar
- 14.Loginov, A.K., Belyaeva, L.I., and Mulev, S.N., Results of Seismic Monitoring in the Komsomolskaya Mine of Vorkutaugol, GIAB, 2009, no. 6, pp. 347–352.Google Scholar