Interaction of Thiosemicarbazides with Cyanopropyl Silica Gel
The interaction of ethyl-, allyl-, and phenyldimethylthiosemicarbazide with silica gel with grafted cyanopropyl groups has been studied in aqueous and organic solutions under the conditions of normal- and reversed-phase liquid chromatography. The influence of liquid phase composition and temperature on the separation of reaction mixtures of thiosemicarbazides and isothiocyanates in a Zorbax-CN column has been investigated. The elution order of ethyl-, allyl-, and phenyldimethylthiosemicarbazide has been found to be the same when using their aqueous and organic solutions. The selectivities of silica gels with grafted cyanopropyl and octadecyl groups have been compared. Thermodynamic parameters have been determined for the adsorption of the thiosemicarbazides on the modified silica gels.
We are grateful to the Center for Collective Use of the Frumkin Institute of Physical Chemistry and Electrochemistry, Russian Academy of Sciences, for letting us use experimental equipment.
This work was carried out within the framework of a state order to the Frumkin Institute of Physical Chemistry and Electrochemistry, Russian Academy of Sciences, and supported by the Russian Foundation for Basic Research, projects nos. 18-08-01224 and 17-08-00315.
CONFLICT OF INTEREST
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
- 2.Krutov, I.A., Gavrilova, E.L., Burangulova, R.N., Kornilov, S.S., Valieva, A.A., Samigullina, A.I., Gubaidullin, A.T., Sinyashin, O.G., Semina, I.I., Nikitin, D.O., and Plotnikova, A.V., Zh. Obshch. Khim., 2017, vol. 87, p. 1977.Google Scholar
- 5.Paramonov, S.A., Ul’yanov, A.V., and Buryak, A.K., Izv. Akad. Nauk,Ser. Khim., 2010, vol. 59, p. 517.Google Scholar
- 7.Reichardt, C. (Christian), Rastvoriteli i effekty sredy v organicheskoi khimii (Solvents and Solvents Effects in Organic Chemistry), Moscow: Mir, 1991.Google Scholar
- 8.Modifitsirovannye kremnezemy v sorbtsii, katalize i khromatografii (Modified Silicas in Sorption, Catalysis, and Chromatography), Lisichkin, G.V., Ed., Moscow: Kh-imiya, 1986.Google Scholar
- 9.Khimiya privitykh poverkhnostnykh soedinenii (Chemistry of Graft Surface Compounds), Lisichkin, G.V., Ed., Moscow: Fizmatlit, 2003.Google Scholar
- 11.Gama, M.R., Da Costa Silva, R.G., Collins, C.H., and Bottoli, C.B.G., TrAC, Trends Anal. Chem. (Pers. Ed.), 2012, vol. 37, p. 48.Google Scholar
- 12.Shatts, V.D. and Sakhartova, O.V., Vysokoeffektivnaya zhidkostnaya khromatografiya (High Performance Liquid Chromatography), Riga: Zinatne, 1988.Google Scholar