Paleoarchean U–Pb (SIMS SHRIMP-II) Age of Mafic Granulites from the Bug Complex, Ukrainian Shield
- 11 Downloads
Data on the U–Pb (SIMS SHRIMP-II) age (3628 ± 38 and 2845 ± 65 Ma) of zircon from the inclusion of mafic granulite in gneiss–enderbites of the Bug complex in Ukraine are obtained. A zircon age of 3628 ± 38 Ma for the first time has allowed us to identify the occurrence of basic magmatism at the Paleo- and Eoarchean boundary in the Bug region. The age of 2845 ± 65 Ma dates the imposed metamorphism manifested everywhere in the Bug region that led to considerable amphibolization and partial melting of the rock.
This work was supported by program no. 19 of the Presidium of the Russian Academy of Sciences (project no. 0153-2018-0007) and R&D program of the Institute of Precambrian Geology and Geochronology, Russian Academy of Sciences (project nos. 0153-2018-0001 and 0153-2018-0004).
- 3.S. B. Lobach-Zhuchenko, L. M. Stepanyuk, A. N. Po-nomarenko, et al., Mineral. Zh. 33 (1), 3–15 (2011).Google Scholar
- 4.L. V. Shumlyanskii, Mineral. Zh. 34 (2), 64–79 (2012).Google Scholar
- 6.L. M. Ctepanyuk, Mineral. Zh. 18 (4), 10–19 (1996).Google Scholar
- 7.I. B. Shcherbakov, Petrology of Ukraine (Zakhidno-Ukrayinskiy Konsalting Tsentr, TOV, Lvov, 2005) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 8.K. Yu. Esipchuk, A. B. Bobrov, L. M. Stepanyuk, et al., Correlational Chronostratigraphic Scheme of Early Precambrian of Ukrainian Craton (Yuzhukrgeologiya, Kyiv, 2004) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 9.Sh. K. Baltybaev, S. B. Lobach-Zhuchenko, V. V. Balaganskii, et al., Reg. Geol. Metallog., No. 58, 33–44 (2014).Google Scholar
- 10.N. T. Arndt, in Archean Crustal Evolution, Ed. by K. C. Condie (Elsevier, 1994), Vol. 11, pp. 11–14.Google Scholar
- 11.S. B. Lobach-Zhuchenko, N. A. Arestova, A. B. Vrevskii, et al., Reg. Geol. Metallog., No. 59, 1–13 (2014).Google Scholar
- 12.R. Kretz, Am. Mineral. 68, 277–279 (1983).Google Scholar