The First Quantitative Evaluation Data on Vendian Metamorphism in the Eastern Part of the Bashkir Meganticlinorium
- 10 Downloads
This paper reports the data on the P–T parameters of the Vendian metamorphism within the eastern wing of the Bashkir Meganticlinorium. Regular near-EW variations in the P–T parameters are due to the fact that the Late Vendian Southern Urals developed under compression resulting from orogenic movements in the Timanides fold region. The stress metamorphism is specified by the “near-fault” nature, when the metamorphosed rock zones alternate with unaltered deposits.
This work was supported by the Russian Science Foundation, project no. 16-17-10192.
- 1.A. A. Alekseev, G. V. Alekseeva, A. R. Galieva, and E. A. Timofeeva, Metamorphic Geology of Western Slope of the Southern Urals (Gilem, Ufa, 2006) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 2.P. M. Valizer and E. V. Dubinina, Izv. Chelyab. Nauchn. Tsentra, No. 3 (29), 27–33 (2005).Google Scholar
- 3.N. L. Dobretsov, Yu. G. Lavrent’ev, L. G. Ponomareva, and L. N. Pospelova, The Statistical Methods Used in Geology (Nauka, Novosibirsk, 1974), Iss. 236, pp. 113–133 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 4.S. G. Kovalev and E. A. Timofeeva, Litosfera, No. 2, 27–48 (2017).Google Scholar
- 5.V. I. Lennykh, Magmatism, Metamorphism, and Ore Formation in Geological History of the Urals (Ural Sci. Center USSR Acad. Sci., Sverdlovsk, 1974), pp. 170–183 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 6.Ozhiganov, D.G., Geology of Ural-Tau Range and the Region of the Southern Kraka Peridotite Massif (Gosgeolizdat, Ufa, 1941) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 7.V. N. Puchkov, Geology of the Urals and Cis-Urals (Actual Problems on Stratigraphy, Tectonics, Geodynamics and Metallogeny) (DizainPoligrafServis, Ufa, 2010) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 11.H. J. Massonne and By. W. Schreyer, Eur. J. Mineral., No. 1, 391–410 (1989).Google Scholar