Vendian Suprasubduction Magmatism in the Southern Urals
- 12 Downloads
New data on the Vendian age of the volcanogenic–sedimentary sequence of the Uraltau zone (Southern Urals) were obtained. The U/Pb (SHRIMP-II) isotope age obtained for zircons from rhyolite tuffs is 591.5 ± 3.5 Ma. The sequence under consideration is intruded by Vendian granites and overlain unconformably by Ordovician terrigenous and volcanogenic deposits. The composition of Vendian volcanics and granites testifies that they were formed in a suprasubduction setting at the continental margin, complexes of which are known in the Middle and Northern Urals.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. A. Abdulin, A. V. Avdeev, and N. S. Seitov, Tectonics of Sakmarskaya and Or–Ilek Zones of Mugodzhary (Nauka, Alma-Ata, 1977) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 3.K. S. Ivanov, V. N. Puchkov, and V. A. Babenko, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR 310 (3), 676–679 (1990).Google Scholar
- 4.Interpretation of Geochemical Data. Student’s Book, Ed. by E. V. Sklyarov (Intermet Inzh., Moscow, 2001) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 5.V. A. Isaev, Preprint (Institute of Mineralogy Ural Branch USSR Acad. Sci., Sverdlovsk, 1989).Google Scholar
- 6.V. G. Korinevskii, Geological Structure and Stratigraphy of Volcanogenic Formations of Lower Devonian in the Southern Urals (Ural Branch Russ. Acad. Sci., Yekaterinburg, 2013) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 7.V. F. Korobkov, B. K. Baimagambetov, P. K. Sapozhnikov, and K. E. Ulukpanov, Guide-Book of Geological Excursions on Mugodzhary, Eastern Pre-Caspian and Aktyubinsk Cis-Urals (AktyubNIGRI, Aktobe, 2012) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 11.V. N. Puchkov, Paleo-Geodynamics of the Southern and Middle Urals (Dauriya, Ufa, 2000) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 12.V. N. Puchkov, Geology of the Urals and Cis-Urals (Actual Problems of Stratigraphy, Tectonics, Geodynamics and Metallogeny) (DizainPoligrafServis, Ufa, 2010) [in Russian].Google Scholar