First Find of Trace Metal Minerals at the Albaza Gold Deposit
- 9 Downloads
The results of mineralogical–geochemical study of the Albaza gold deposit (Khabarovsk Krai) are presented here. The ore mineral assemblage, in addition to already known sulfides of iron, arsenic, lead, zinc, and copper, contains sulfides of Sb, Bi, and Mo, as well as native bismuth, bismuth tellurides, cobalt sulfoarsenide, nickel sulfoantiminide, silver sulfobismuthide, lead–antimony–bismuth sulfosalts, and oxides of tin and titanium, among others. These features of the ore chemical composition suggest attribution of the deposit to a gold–trace metal formation. The genesis of the deposits of this formation is related to granitic magmatism that occurred at the transform continental margin under conditions of movement of the lithospheric plates.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. G. Moiseenko and L. V. Eirish, Gold Ore Deposit of Asia’s East (Dal’nauka, Vladivostok, 1996) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 3.A. V. Volkov, in Proc.11th All-Russ. Petrogr. Conf. “Magmatism and Metamorphism in the Earth’s History,” August 24–28, 2010 (Zavaritsky Inst. Geol. Geochem., Ural Branch Russ. Acad. Sci., Yekaterinburg, 2010), Vol. 1, pp. 131–132 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 4.G. N. Gamyanin, V. I. Goncharov, and N. A. Goryachev, Tikhookean. Geol. 17 (3), 94–103 (1998).Google Scholar
- 5.N. A. Goryachev and V. I. Goncharov, Resour. Geol. (1992-1996), Spec. Issue, No. 18, 111–122 (1995).Google Scholar
- 6.L. P. Osipov and A. A. Sidorov, in New Information on Geology of the USSR North-East (North-Eastern Complex Sci. Res. Inst. Far-Eastern Branch USSR Acad. Sci., Magadan, 1973), Iss. 55, pp. 163–173 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 7.N. A. Shilo, A. A. Sidorov, and S. G. Zhelnin, Topical Problems on Gold Geology in North-East of the USSR (North-Eastern Complex Sci. Res. Inst. Far-Eastern Branch USSR Acad. Sci., Magadan, 1972), Iss. 44, pp. 27–34 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 8.J. R. Lang, T. Baker, C. J. R. Hart, and J. K. Mortensen, SEG Newsl. 40 (1), 6–15 (2000).Google Scholar
- 9.R. J. Newberry, D. McCoy, D. A. Brew, Resour. Geol. (1992-1996), Spec. Iss., No. 18, 61–109 (1995).Google Scholar
- 10.A. I. Khanchuk, Ore Deposits of Continental Margins (Dal’nauka, Vladivostok, 2000), pp. 5–35 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 11.A. I. Khanchuk and V. V. Ivanov, Geol. Geofiz. 40 (11), 1635–1645 (1999).Google Scholar
- 12.Geodynamics, Magmatism and Metallogeny of Russia’s East, Ed. by A. I. Khanchuk (Dal’nauka, Vladivostok, 2006), Book 1 [in Russian].Google Scholar