Microstructural Effects in Electron-Microscopic Studies of Carbonate Rocks
- 5 Downloads
The effects of the destruction of unstable primary carbonate-organic polymers during the investigation of carbonate rocks in a scanning electron microscope are shown. During direct research in the standard mode, specific artifacts arise, i.e., the formation of microvoids of various configurations. The performed studies show the possibility of using these effects as features for identifying the stage of phase transformations in carbonate rocks. This is of great importance for studying the regularities of the secondary catagenetic processes of rock transformation and of the formation of high-molecular bituminous components in gas condensate and oil and gas condensate fields.
Keywordsscanning electron microscopy carbonate rocks destruction recrystallization catagenetic processes
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.N. B. Vassoevich, Geochemistry of Organic Matter and Origin of Oil (Nauka, Moscow, 1986) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 2.V. V. Veber, The Main Ways for Oil Genesis (Nauka, Moscow, 1989) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 3.V. P. Gavrilov, Origin of Oil (Nauka, Moscow, 1986) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 4.N. B. Vassoevich, Lithology and Oil-and-Gas Content (Nauka, Moscow, 1990) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 6.N. A. Skibitskaya and O. P. Yakovleva, in Fundamental Basis for New Technologies for Oil and Gas Industry (Nauka, Moscow, 2000), p. 142 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 7.N. A. Skibitskaya, O. P. Yakovleva, G. A. Grigor’ev, et al., Geol. Nefti Gaza, No. 12, 20 (1997).Google Scholar
- 8.N. A. Skibitskaya, O. P. Yakovleva, V. N. Sokolov, et al., Gazov. Prom-st., No. 7, 24 (1997).Google Scholar
- 9.N. A. Skibitskaya, V. A. Kuz’min, and A. V. Garshev, in Proc. 16th Russian Symposium on Scanning Microscopy and Analytical Methods for Researching Solids REM-2009 (Chernogolovka, 2009), p. 207.Google Scholar
- 11.N. A. Skibitskaya, R. S. Khisamov, V. G. Bazarevskaya, et al., in Proc. Int. Conference “Peculiarities of Exploring and Developing Deposits of Unconventional Hydrocarbons” (Kazan, 2015), p. 276.Google Scholar
- 12.Scanning Electron Microscopy and X-Ray Microanalysis, Ed. by J. I. Goldstein, (Springer, New York, 2003).Google Scholar
- 13.Practical Scanning Electron Microscopy, Ed. by J. I. Goldstein (Springer, New York, 1975).Google Scholar